Any way to speed up syncGeneral

1. orion88

orion88 Member

Syncing my Note II with Outlook 2010 (via USB cable) is a nightmare. It takes about 30-45 minutes each time (calendar, contacts, tasks, notes). It's the same if I'm using either Kies or MyPhoneExplorer.
    Is there any way to speed this up? It only takes a few moments to sync iPad or iPhone with Outlook using iTunes, or about the same amount of time to sync Nokia N900 with Outlook using PC Suite.
    30-45 minutes for a modern device such as Note II is just insane. :(

Advertisement
  2. whitecollar

whitecollar Clericus Geekicus VIP Member

3. orion88

orion88 Member

Why would I want to pay for something that should be working by default in the first place... This is not Apple, is it?
  4. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Android does not support any local USB syncing natively. That's why you see a lot of third party solutions offering what Android lacks. One of the few things I did not like about Android.

For freeware you are stuck with the options you mentioned. All other apps are paid solutions. One popular one would be Companion Sync, but costs a bit.
  5. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

Or you could do google app sync with outlook to google, then you could just do the normal google sync on android.
  6. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

Not everyone wants to use Google. There are still users who want local USB syncing which Google does not provide natively. I, for one, do not want to use any Google services and try avoiding it if I can.
  7. orion88

orion88 Member

Yup, I'm like that too. I'll probably stick with MyPhoneExplorer, as it's less bloated and offers more flexibility (I used it in the past with a "non-smartphone" from Sony Ericsson :) ) than Kies (which is too much like iTunes).
    I think the longest part of the sync process is "preparing to sync organizer" or somewhere in that "vicinity" (be it with Kies or MPE).
  8. ldotmurray

ldotmurray Member

I thought the slow transfer was an issue with my laptop. I didn't have any problems with my GS3 or either of my HTC phones WRT USB transfer speeds. Oh well. Thanks for the thread.