any way to stop front facing camera from mirroring (inverting) image?Support

1. ShadowFlame

ShadowFlame Member

With the front facing camera before you take a picture everything looks normal, but when you take a picture with it after it mirrors the image and i personally find that annoying. Is there any app on the play store that can reverse the mirrored image?

Or a very easy way to stop the camera from doing that in the first place?

Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. TheMuddyPaws

TheMuddyPaws Well-Known Member

The picture isn't mirrored, the display is mirrored before shooting the pic.
  3. ShadowFlame

ShadowFlame Member

ok, well the way you see it before you take the picture isn't how it looks after you take the picture. That is what I would like to change.
  4. TheMuddyPaws

TheMuddyPaws Well-Known Member

So you WANT to shoot pictures that are reversed? Like hold up your right hand and take a pic and when you look at the pic it looks like your left hand is up?

Odd.

I got nothing. Download a photo editing app?
  5. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member

The mirror preview makes it easier to use. If you have someone on your right side, with the mirror preview you easily tilt the camera to your right to get them in frame. If the image wasn't mirrored, you would see the person on your left and your brain would tell you to tilt the camera left to get them in the frame, but you would be tilting them out of frame. Just confusing.

The resulting photo is correct. It's is how "others" see you. If someone took a photo of you and the person on the right with the rear facing camera it would be identical to the one you took with the front facing camera.
  6. SteveCVIGear

SteveCVIGear New Member

Hello

Did you ever get an answer. I know how on iPad, though want a solution for android too.

Thank you,

Steve
  7. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

There is nothing to resolve. It has been explained.
  8. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

In my camera app, when I have it on front-facing camera, there is an option in the settings for Save as Flipped, and you need it turned on if you want it to save it flipped like you are asking.
  9. HighSierra

HighSierra Well-Known Member

This has always confused me. Not the flipping, but which is front facing and which is rear facing? I guess it depends on your point of view. I always refer to the self portrait camera as rear facing.
  10. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Front facing is the camera on the front of the phone. Rear facing is the standard Camera. But I see your point, the camera on the back points out in front of you. That's why I would drop the word "facing" and just use front and rear cameras.
  11. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

It may be carrier dependent. My T-Mobile S3 does not have this.
  12. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Good point. And thinking about it, it probably also depends on which android version your phone is on. I'm on 4.1.2 and I think it has a more sophisticated camera app.