Any way to stream Netflix from Tab to TV?Support

Last Updated:

1. Lighthill

Lighthill Member

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

I think I have almost the same TV.

You could try the HDMI adapter but I don't know how well the 10.1 will be able to handle it.

It can be a bit jerky with certain video codecs but I havent tried in awhile. ICS may have improved that some.

If I get it working I will post back, but I need to find that cable heh.
  3. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Well-Known Member

As alostpacket posted, the HDMI adapter is made to connect the tab to a TV.
    I have the adapter, but haven't tried it yet. I have a Logitech Revue Google TV box connected to my A/V system. The Revue has Netflix and is hard wired to my network, so it runs fine on my TV.
    I would think that if Netflix runs ok on your tab, it should be ok on your TV as the TV would just be acting as an external monitor for the tab. What you see on your tab should be what you see on your TV.
  4. Coach70

Coach70 Well-Known Member

I have the HDMI adapter and use it quite frequently. The common 'rookie' mistake is to forget to plug the Tablet's power supply into the HDMI adapter. The HDMI adapter will not work without external power, so do not forget this step. Beyond that, it works just fine. The only app I've never got to work with the HDMI adapter is HuluPlus, which gives an error. A friend noted that on her iPad she gets the same error with HuluPlus, so it must be a HuluPlus licensing issue.
  5. Lighthill

Lighthill Member

Thanks all. It worked with Samsung HD cable (hdmi) but only until the official ICS firmware came. Now subtitles are not slinged to tv no more. Instead theyre showing on empty black tablet screen while picture goes to tv ok. Tried also with Note 10.1 JB and same problem. Tried 3 providers Netflix, HBO nordic and Viaplay. ALL have problems now with subtitle slinging. :( And apparently no more Samsung updates for Tab 10.1
  6. Coach70

Coach70 Well-Known Member

I have a different, although equally annoying problem. I get subtitles, but they appear on the tablet itself rather than on the TV.
  7. Lighthill

Lighthill Member

Oh, but that IS my problem too. :)