Any way to transfer my contacts/address book from AT&T to Verizon?Support

Last Updated:

1. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my Droid X today, and while I haven't had much time to play with it, I'm loving it already :D

One thing I realized, however, is that it will be a pain to put every number from my old address book into the one on my DX. Is there any way I can do this without entering every single number manually?

I have a Motorola Karma QA1 on AT&T with all my numbers on it, and I want to get them on my Droid X.

Can I?

Advertisement
  2. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Do you have a Gmail account? If you do, then all your contacts in your Gmail account will automatically sync to your X when you log in.

Other than that, you would have to somehow export your contacts out as a .csv file and then import it into Gmail on your computer.

3. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I do have a gmail account, but only because I had to sign up for one for my DX

>_>

Would it work if I just manually put all of my contacts into my gmail account? It wouldn't be such an annoyance to do it on my computer. I just don't feel like doing it all on a virtual keyboard that I'm still getting used to.

4. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Yes, any contacts you enter into your Gmail account on your computer will be synced to your X.

5. Kazrell

Kazrell Well-Known Member

There are USB software that usually converts the phone contact list to a CSV. Verizon has the software and is usually well versed on converting the contact listing for you. Depending of course on the store and rep that's assisting you.

6. sinbuddy

sinbuddy Member

Go to a Verizon store. They have what's called a Cellbrite machine. They use data link cables that fit phones from all carriers that will transfer all your contacts, photos, and ringtones (if you had a Verizon phone already) to your new phone.