• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to WIRELESSLY cast ANY app to my Chromecast or DLNA TV?

Living room, Chromecast, bedroom, Fire TV Stick.

The Fire TV Stick comes with a little remote. Not as future proof as a Chromecast, but they're sticks and do a good job.
That's what I'm thinking as I can get Prime through my blueray player (I can get Netflix too, but the Android interface is much better) in the living room. FireTV and HD antenna in the bedroom and bye bye cable.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
That's what I'm thinking as I can get Prime through my blueray player (I can get Netflix too, but the Android interface is much better) in the living room. FireTV and HD antenna in the bedroom and bye bye cable.
Plus the Android Netflix app has become promiscuous.

Tap the cast icon and if it sees a Fire TV, it'll offer to cast to that, same as a Chromecast.

I prefer the remote in bed but it's awfully nice to be Chromecasting in the living room, decide to finish the movie in the bedroom and not have to play let's shift the control paradigm in the middle of a movie.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones