Any whistle phone droid alternatives??

Last Updated:

1. mesogreat

mesogreat New Member This Topic's Starter

I love being able to save my minutes. With whistle phone I was able to do this extremely easy. I just yesterday upgraded my 3g iphone to a samsung vibrant. When I did I was sad to see this app wasn't for android. Is there another app like this that's just as easy for my droid phone? Bieng able to make local inbound and outbound calls with out much hooping jumping is going to be missed if not.:(

Advertisement
  2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

uuhhh, google voice?
    Add your GV Number to your Favs list so it doesn't count against your minutes and presto, you are saving all your minutes

3. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member

Please clarify, how your not using minutes? I have google voice.

Also, what is whistle stop?

Thxs.

4. SinfulDragon

Like I said, add your GV number to your Friends and Fam list, you know the VZW List of numbers that you can call that won't count against your minutes.
    No clue what whistle stop is, I was just offering up this to save on minutes.

RandolphNY likes this.
  5. mesogreat

mesogreat New Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure how it got listed as whistle stop. Whistle phone is a great app for iphone/ ipad. You register then you get free inbound and outbound calls. This is all over wifi or 3g. The only thing they ask is you listen to a small commercial. I loved it for how simple it was.

6. ccmd

ccmd New Member

uuhhh, T-Mobile no longer offers MyFavs. I called customer service. The Favs widget is now simply a place to store 5 people you contact most often. No free calling .

7. SinfulDragon

Well if all the other reasons out there weren't good enough to get someone to leave T-Mobile maybe this one will be the straw that breaks the back?

So, how about skype. does that run on a vibrant? or is no unlimited data another flaw for T Mobile?

8. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Well-Known Member

There has been lots of discussion on this on several forums, with no one having a certain answer- do you put your google voice number in your f& f list, or do you use the number that pops up on your screen when you make a call using google voice. it is a different regional number that gv hands your call off to so it can be completed.

9. baconismidog

baconismidog New Member

I use CSipSimple for my Sip Client.
    proxy.whistlephone.com as my server
    my whistlephone number as my user
    I set CSipSimple as available on when I'm on WiFi
    Set whistlephone as one of my Google voice numbers.

This way, no matter where I am when I get a call on my whistlephone number my phone rings (sip when on wifi, mobile when not). When I dial out and I'm on wifi I get a choice to use either the sip phone or my mobile number. When I dial out and wifi isn't available my Android just automatically uses my mobile.

10. rajnallan

rajnallan Member

Wow...this is cool. I downloaded csipsimple. Can you please guide me step by step where to go and enter the details. I am nottechnical and would appreciate your kind help.

Thanks

Raj

11. danny habour

danny habour New Member

12. danny habour

danny habour New Member

13. bmaupin

bmaupin New Member