1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Any WidgetLocker users? I have some questions!

Last Updated:

1. Raadius

Raadius Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First off, love the app, mainly got it for the N1 lock screen. A couple of questions,

1. I bought this app a few days ago, just this morning I noticed a Ad at the bottom of the lockscreen, wtf? I thought by paying for the app there would be no ads, although there isnt a free version anyways, sow how do I fix that?

2. On my Sense UI lockscreen if I got a text, the lockscreen would show who text me and a line of what they said, how do I get this option on the Widget Locker look screen?

3. I noticed on peoples lockscreen they have the charging and battery logo, but I don't, how do I get that?

4. Losing Sense UI lockscreen, I've lost my music player on the lockscreen too. Is there a way to have Widget Locker display my music app on the lockscreen so I can change songs?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. BigD562

BigD562 Well-Known Member

1. That's weird... maybe email the Dev about that.

2. Go to widgetlocker/settings/ popups - and it should be what ya looking for.

3. It's a widget. Click on widgetlocker and then add a widget like you would normally do to a home screen.

4. If it's a HTC Sense widget then you can add it with no problem.

3. lob

lob Well-Known Member

Not true. Htc widgets will never work with third-party apps.

Use the default android music widget or get an alternative widget from the market.

4. BigD562

BigD562 Well-Known Member

Hmm thought widgetlocker would let ya use any widgets depending on what launcher you're using. I stand corrected.

5. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw VIP Member VIP Member

Ads show on pirated versions.

How did you buy WidgetLocker? Did you make sure the bought version installed over any previously installed pirated version? You may need to uninstall a pirated version before installing WidgetLocker legitimately. Some versions have been tampered with by pirates.

The only legitimate methods of buying WidgetLocker is:
    1) Android Market
    2) $2 USD by PayPal to kevin@teslacoilsw.com
    3) AndSpot Market (Not yet public)

If you bought by any other means then I have received no compensation for my work and you are using an illegally distributed pirated version of WidgetLocker.
    If you bought, and installed, by one of the methods listed above you will not see any ads. Feel free to contact me at kevin@teslacoilsw.com with your order number if you need more support.

6. Raadius

Im using native Froyo SMS, not Handscent etc. I dont see any options for my text messages to appear on my lockscreen :/

7. Raadius

Thanks Kevin, I got it from a friend that said he bought it, I have already uninstalled it and bought the official one. Very sorry.

Umm can you help me with my other questions please? Also my alarm icon won't go away from my notification bar. Before I isntalled WL, it would go away on the weekends (its set for Mon-Fri) but ever since WL its stays on the notification bar, how do I fix that?

8. kevin@teslacoilsw

There are some SMS widgets available, such as Pure Messenger, which might be what you are looking for. I plan on adding some more things built into widgetlocker but I'm not sure if the actual content of SMS will be one of them.

This is from a widget, there's a huge number of them on the Market.

Again you can place a widget to do this :). I do plan on adding built in music controls to WidgetLocker that only show while music is playing.

---
    Thanks for purchasing WidgetLocker.

Raadius likes this.
  9. kevin@teslacoilsw

I don't think this is caused by WidgetLocker. Is it possible you actually have an alarm set? WidgetLocker will place it's own notification icon on the bar (looks like a locker) and can be removed in Advanced settings.

Raadius likes this.
  10. Raadius

Thanks. Not sure if I want to run any other messenger apps, only because they will stay on the lockscreen, I like the native because once you read it, it will disappear, wont eat up cpu or clutter the screen.

11. steve19800

steve19800 Member

I just bought this widgetlocker for my galaxy s but unfortunately when you unlock it lags slightly. The original ' sweep glass ' is visible approx. 1 second then it replaced by widgetlocker. Does anyone know how to fix this lag so that we can have smooth sweep? Thanks.

12. Tiny Turtle

Tiny Turtle Active Member

Until there's a music player widget built-in in WL I can recommend Pure Music Widget which looks good (and is skinnable), comes in lots of sizes and interacts with the Samsung, HTC or stock Android music player so when you're not using it from the lock screen you can still use the same music player you're used to. :)

I second this. It looks rather crude to have a lock screen on top of a lock screen. (Not sure it's Teslacoil Software's fault, but nevertheless.)