Any word about phone coming to Verizon?General

Last Updated:

1. illegaltoast

illegaltoast New Member

Just wondering if anyone has heard any word about this phone coming to Verizon Wireless because otherwise I'll be getting the SIII whenever it comes out but this phone is what I really want. The screen is to die for. Just post here if you've heard any news please.

Advertisement
  2. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

I'm a bit confused about Verizon (as I'm not in the US). I used to think Verizon used some weird non-standard mobile system, but I have now read it's GSM/UMTS. Is it also LTE? Anyway, would a GT-N7000 (International Note) work? Do you HAVE to use a Verizon-supplied handset?

Ian
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Verizon is CDMA/LTE, so an intl Note won't work. Verizon will only allow phones that it has certified, so even a CDMA/LTE from another carrier won't work.

Regarding the Note, I have not heard anything about Verizon getting one. There is a rumor that HTC is preparing a Note competitor for Verizon, but there has been no news on that other than one leaked roadmap, so take that with a grain of salt.
  4. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

Well I know we all moan about networks here in the UK, but I am so glad we have the freedom to use or own choice of handset with whatever network we choose to subscribe to.

Ian
  5. GBB0131

GBB0131 Active Member

There is a rumor that it will be called the Samsung Galaxy Journal for Verizon, but no release date.
  6. illegaltoast

illegaltoast New Member

I just hope it comes out soon, otherwise I'll have to cave and get an S3. I really love the screen on the Note and if it came stock with ICS or something with Verizon it'd be a done deal for me. But I guess the S3 will do, I dislike HTC so no competitor will do the job.