Any word on a froyo/2.2 "Hot Fix" the techs wonder aloud about?Support

Last Updated:

1. jws3

jws3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Like many, I've had problems since "upgrading" to 2.2/Froyo.

I now have issues with answering the phone (swipes not recognized, which multiple techs tell me is a known issue), weird orientation issues and more, NONE of which happened before. And no, I am not "rooted" (don't know what that is) and have ZERO mods.

A few techs from HTC & Verizon have told me that a "hot fix patch is likely in the works. Any word or info?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. jws3

A fix for the annoying issues like intermittent inability to answer calls would be nice. Getting rid of the bloatware would be good, too.

3. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

to get rid of the bloat, root and remove

4. jws3

I reluctantly admit to zero knowledge on rooting. The odds I would do something wrong and screw things up permanently are enormous. The smart man knows when he doesn't know-- I most certainly do not know what I am doing. These forums are replete with people posting panicked cries for help after trying to do something well beyond their knowledge level. Too bad there isn't a 100% proven, no risk DIY formula or the like which allows even the least knowledgable like me to do this without fear.