Support Any Word on AT&T and Straight Talk?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pendetim, Apr 9, 2013.

1. pendetim

pendetim Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Retired from the world of Snack Foods
    NW New Jersey
    Just wondering if anyone has heard if Straight Talk will be offering the ATT SIM card again. I Have one phone with ATT/ST and everything works well.

I know it is possible to get an ATT card with Net10, which I did, but MMS is a real problem and there dose not seem to be a reliable solution offered by Net10 or any user-to user help I found that really works.

So, anything going on with Straight Talk/ATT?

Advertisement

2. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Not a word. I'm afraid it's gone for good, which would be too bad.

3. WA_Bob

WA_Bob VIP Member
    VIP Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Male
    Forester
    West edge of the East Texas Piney Woods
    Not very encouraging that there's been no official word. But it doesn't surprise me. :(

4. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    for your net10 mms problems search around, another member just went to net10 and I posted some links I found on xda forum one of the apn settings people have posted may work for you.

5. tridge

tridge Member

Nov 30, 2010
    OpenVMS SysAdmin
    michigan
    I've been running my Nexus 4 since 03/06/2013, so just over a month with Straight Talk and I've had zero issues. Why can't you just get a SIM card and cut it to Micro? (That's what I did)

6. pendetim

pendetim Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    NW New Jersey
    I have tried about 5 or 6 different APNs for Net10/ATT with no luck. The best shot shot I found was using a Go SMS Pro app.

I will continue to look and try....

7. pendetim

pendetim Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    NW New Jersey
    I did look for the ST/ATT SIM but the prices are a bit out of hand. I really had hoped that the MMS problem would not affect me. Guess I was wrong.

8. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    Question is are you running straight talk on T Mobile network, or straight talk on ATT network.

The t mobile network has less coverage but great service and speeds, the ATT is in more areas.

9. pendetim

pendetim Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    NW New Jersey
    I need the ATT coverage, Tmob just does not cut it for me as service area is very limited where I live.

10. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009

Me, too, but you can't even find these any more on either the Straight Talk or WalMart sites.

11. lilacpetals

lilacpetals New Member

May 2, 2013
    The AT&T boat has sailed. I wish Straight Talk would just own up to the fact. I never would have bought a new phone if Straight Talk customer service hadn't let me think ATT was still an option.

Anyway, the Nexus 4 ended up being great, and I went with Net10. Tested for MMS problems as soon as my phone was set up, and found out I couldn't receive pictures, though I could send them. What I realized pretty quickly is that I wasn't losing picture messages; they were just getting sent to my gmail account whenever I was on wifi. I suppose this might save on data rates? In any case, I'd check your gmail. If you don't have a gmail account linked to your phone, you might want to set one up, and see what happens. Hope this helps you.

Tags: