any X10 owners in NYC?General

Last Updated:

1. petp

petp New Member This Topic's Starter

seriously considering getting the X10. to be honest, id get an iphone4, but the screen is too small on that for me (love the 4" screen size). since best buy is offering the X10 for free (im using ATT right now but my contract expired 2 years ago), im thinking of getting it then see what apple comes out with in the summer and maybe pay full price if i like it.

im not really much of a phone geek, so i dont really care about os4 vs android. i was concerned after reading lots of negative reviews on the X10, but after playing around with one, its good enough for me. i just want a good camera, and a big screen...but above all, GREAT crystal clear reception. so for any X10 users on here that live in NYC...how is your reception?

(was playing with an iphone4 in the apple store this weekend, and honestly, i was blown away at how clear phone calls sounded on that thing...but im not gonna pay $300 for a phone that im not 100% satisfied with (ie, its screen is too small)

thanks for your replies.

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.. I would recommend you look into a different phone. Reason being that AT&T does not have any idea when and if we will get upgraded to the 2.1 OS. Currently the phone is on the out dated version of 1.6 OS. If you resided across the pond, I would maybe say give it a go since they are at least starting to roll into the 2.1 OS. Since your not a tinkering with OS's, Rooting and Debranding are out the window.. I would recommend getting a phone that has the 2.1 OS now and is guaranteed to upgrade into the 2.2 OS. Therefore you will at least have a phone with a current OS. Thats is what I would do and I reside in VA and AT&T is the sole carrier for this phone. Just my 2 cents.....

CLOCKWORK58 provided this link in a different thread. This is a good read for you since it reviews all of the phones out right now. Read it and you'll see how the x10 falls into last place quite often...

http://www.gsmarena.com/display_shootout-review-541.php

3. petp

petp New Member This Topic's Starter

thank you for the reply gunny. its a shame, i really like the X10, it has lots of cool technical features that i love, but ATT is holding it back so much. i guess i'll keep looking for something better.
    all the best

4. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

North Yorkshire County?

5. charlyee

charlyee Well-Known Member

If you are not hung up on the Anroid OS version, then the X10 is a great buy. I had at&t's Captivate (the latest and the greatest0 and the reception and call clarity is subpar, the gps is inaccurate and the AMOLED screen is can not very legible in sunlight.

The X10 has great reception btw.:)