• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody do HIIT here?

Hojunhu

May 6, 2014
Canada
As far as traditional cardio goes, it's all well and good, but HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) can take less time and be more effective because of an effect known as the "after burn effect."

A lot of bodybuilding enthusiasts use it to stay lean and shredded.

Anyways, this is the android forums so let's keep this Android related. If you do HIIT, do you use an app? If so, which one(s)?

I dont know if this is classed as HIIT, but this is what i do on my cardio days

Warm up
Sprint 400m
Rest 3mins
Sprint 300m
rest 2 mins
Sprint 200m
rest 1min
Sprint 100m.

I use the Endomondo app, but only to measure out 100 meters if I'm not near a track and I'm doing my sprints in the park. It's pretty accurate. Not bothered about calories burned etc.

Reactions: hemsworth
Upvote 0
I dont know if this is classed as HIIT, but this is what i do on my cardio days

Warm up
Sprint 400m
Rest 3mins
Sprint 300m
rest 2 mins
Sprint 200m
rest 1min
Sprint 100m.

I use the Endomondo app, but only to measure out 100 meters if I'm not near a track and I'm doing my sprints in the park. It's pretty accurate. Not bothered about calories burned etc.

any sports than sprints? I prefer push up :D
I am too fat to sprint :D

http://www.h5v.net/knee-pads-basketball/

Upvote 0
I do 5x5 lifting; squat, deadlift, military press. Also, body weight movements like incline, decline and regular pushups, reverse and standard dips, leg raises and pull/chips ups. All that 3x a week so everything is worked each workout day. Opposite days I'm going to start running, my cardio needs help. Years ago I always used to run. Just recently had a health scare and next week more tests to confirm positive or negative results.

Upvote 0
Well, not really. I used to use the UP24 app that came with the Jawbone UP24, but only to get a general idea of my caloric release. It didn't really do anything except serve as a glorified timer that gave me a (probably) incredibly inaccurate representation of my exercise. That being said, I did exercise harder/more when I was constantly logging my stats in and recording my workouts every day.

Upvote 0
I don't use an app but I do stream YouTube videos on my Android. I never make time for the gym but having it available to me anywhere means I can't make any excuses!

That being said, some of these app ideas look pretty cool so I'll check them out.

A very nice youtube channel that has short HIIT videos is Brandon Carter's. He does all short of stupid things - cheap marketing-tactics like putting girls' booties on the thumbnail - but he has some solid workouts.

And I do think he has an app - which I believe is or at the very least was free.

Anyway, the reason I made this post is cause I think people should start thinking outside-the-box. You can do HIIT everywhere, you don't need an app or a gym or anything else. Heck, you can do HIIT at your stairs. Try running them up really fast and tell me how it went.

You could do bodyweight circuits. There is so, so, SO much more. If you want some food for thought and inspiration, make sure you give this article a glance or two: http://ohealthyeah.com/hiit-cardio-training-fast-results/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones