Anybody else have this Market issue?Support

Last Updated:

1. brilor04

brilor04 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So far this phone has blown me away with the beautiful screen, the lightning fast speed it beholds, and most importantly...the ability to play my NES, SNES, and Genesis on the phone. HOWEVER, there are always issues and this one is killing me.

A few weeks ago I tried downloading Weatherbug Elite for $1.99 and still to this day, it's stuck on "Authorizing Purchase". So when I was on Engadget last night and saw that the life-changing developer has finally finished the PSX emulator. It could have been $20 and I still would have bought it. Something about being able to play Metal Gear Solid wherever I am...doesn't get any better. But, as some may figure out, it's stuck on "Authorizing Purchase".

So Google took my money, twice. And in return I have nothing. PSX has been downloading for about 12 hours now. I can download anything else I want and it goes through no problem. It's not a banking issue. And Google's workaround???, open up Google Talk and it usually jump starts downloads. Are you kidding me???

Does ANYONE know of a workaround for this. I can send emails to developers all day but that doesn't even help. Anyone else suffer from this problem?

brilor04

Advertisement
  2. KennyC

KennyC Member

Lots of people have this problem, especially with psx4droid (including me). You can read over the "official" thread here. It's very sad that Google has not even contacted the developer, much less fixed the problem.

As far as taking your money, at least for psx4droid, you should find that your credit card hasn't actually be charged yet, though you did get a receipt.

3. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

I have 2 bank cards on file with Google for this issue. One is a credit card and the other is my debit card. I generally try to use my credit card but at times it gets stuck there for whatever reason (usually b/c the seller is over seas). When that happens I switch to my debit card and have never had a problem. Not sure if you've tried that yet.

4. dmbfan13

dmbfan13 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread on something related to a market issue!

Does anyone have the problem where certain apps don't show up in the market? For example, doodle jump doesn't show up in the market for me. I used to have a Dave Matthews Band setlist app, but it doesn't show up up in the market as well. Anyone else have this issue?

I do have the leaked OTA installed, would that be the issue by chance?

5. Haelous

Haelous Well-Known Member

Yes, the leaked OTA can cause apps to disappear from the market.

See this thread here -

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-incredible/125451-market-fix-leaked-ota.html