• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody else have to wait?

Les Common

Oct 29, 2009
I'm getting my Droid through work, and work gets them delivered on Monday.

So I get to read all the fun you guys are having, camping out, listening for camera clicks, trying to play .wavs and all. But no hands on until Monday.

Keep the discussions going- very informative to watch folks questions and reactions. Good forum. I'm keeping an "app to check out" spreadsheet. 24 and counting.

I can't wait! But I must.

Oh well.

A few more nights with the Voyager. ;)

-les

I have to wait until Monday since I get paid today. I've gone two and half years with a Samsung Hue, so I guess I can wait a couple more days. It's hard to wait, though. Last time I had a smartphone was the Kyocera 7135. I'm on Alltel, which is now Verizon, so I wonder if I can work out any NE2 deals or existing customer discounts? It won't hurt to ask.

Upvote 0
I put in a free overnight promo code, so I'll get mine tomorrow.
I used the code too. However, their free overnight doesn't include Saturday delivery. It's one business day. Not one normal day. It would have been nice if they had stated that up front. I didn't find out for sure until they emailed me my FedEx tracking number and went to track it. It's Monday.

I was also a little annoyed with the site given that I was logged into My Verizon to do the upgrade, and having the phone shipped to my billing address, and using the CC number stored in My Verizon that I use for auto-pay, which also has the same billing address and they still made me enter the CVN and go through Verified by Visa to order.

Of course, if I had known I wouldn't get it until Monday, I would have had them ship it to work. Now I have to work from home on Monday until the package arrives. I hope it arrives early but they say it could be as late as 3pm.

Upvote 0
Waiting until Monday here too. I was really hoping that overnight meant overnight, but it doesn't. According to FedEx tracking, my phone is about 100 miles away right now.

How do you know it doesn't mean overnight? FedEx tracking on mine says "Estimated delivery: Nov 9", but I expect that is due to the estimation not counting on Saturday delivery. I assume many business routes don't run. I am still holding out that mine shows up tomorrow!

Upvote 0
I have to wait, BUT its OK, because I am in Iraq right now with the US Army.

I get home next week sometime (things always change in the army), and my droid will be there when I arrive.

I can't wait. I have been a blackberry user ever since my BB 7250 on verizon for work, and am fed up with the circa 2003 operating system. I really home and am pretty sure that android is the OS for me.

Upvote 0
Getting mine on Monday as well. Currently the little guy`s in Memphis.
@ BeachBoy: I was on Alltel also and used my $50 NE2 deal and got it for $150 plus tax.
Were you able to do that in-store? If so, did you have to deal with the mail-in rebate? I would rather just go to the Verizon store to get it, but will go to Best Buy if I have to deal with the MIR. Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones