• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody else have to wait?

Upvote 0
I checked out MyVerizon and I'm eligible for the NE2 but for only $30 off, but at least I don't have to deal with the mail-in rebate. Total before tax is $169, plus I can keep my old voice plan from Alltel which is better than the one Verizon offers at the same price point, so basically, I'm getting the same network, same features, etc, with a $30 addition for data, and a cool phone to go with it. I can't wait til Monday.

Upvote 0
I ordered mine over the phone with AWESOME deals, and it's arriving tomorrow by noon :p

me too =D thanks again wade!!!!

I'll be getting mine tomorrow, saturday by noon according to fedex. Paid 20 for overnight delivery including saturdays to the same verizon rep as iphonemilk, and it'll be here with both mounts and the rapid car charger and the screen protector! Very exciting.

Upvote 0
How do you know it doesn't mean overnight? FedEx tracking on mine says "Estimated delivery: Nov 9", but I expect that is due to the estimation not counting on Saturday delivery. I assume many business routes don't run. I am still holding out that mine shows up tomorrow!
My phone was scanned to leave the origin facility last night at 9:10pm, putting it into "In Transit" status. That gave me some small hope that you could be right. However, at 10:20am today it still has not been scanned again. If it was coming today, I think it would have been scanned into a local distribution facility by now and the fact that is hasn't suggests to me that it's probably in Memphis, over 2000 miles away. I suppose that there is still some small hope, but it's dwindling by the minute.

Upvote 0
Quit yer whinin'!

I have to wait until 4/28/2010 to net my NE2 discount. :((

And I still don't have GoogleVoice. :( Anyone want to send me an invite?

Imatiently waiting . . .
Y'know what's funny though? Our NE2 discount is only like $50 max and a lot of these companies are already selling it with a 2-year contract for $149.99 (Wirefly had it for $129.99 for a couple of hours)... *sigh*

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure my NE2 is $100. If not, I will just upgrade anyway. Time for me tocall & see. :)
"Sign up for a two-year plan of at least $34.99 per month and qualify for a free phone, up to $30 or $50 depending on your plan, with a two-year renewal. Or choose to apply your New Every Two credit toward the purchase of a more expensive phone. You can also transfer your New Every Two credit to another line on your account."

• If your calling plan monthly access is $79.99 or higher for the entire three months prior to completing your New Every Two phone upgrade, you will get up to $50.00 toward the purchase of that phone.
  • If your calling plan monthly access was between $34.99 and $79.98 at any time during the three months prior to completing your New Every Two phone upgrade, you will get up to $30.00 toward the purchase of that phone.
Source: Calling Features: New Every Two

Upvote 0
"Sign up for a two-year plan of at least $34.99 per month and qualify for a free phone, up to $30 or $50 depending on your plan, with a two-year renewal. Or choose to apply your New Every Two credit toward the purchase of a more expensive phone. You can also transfer your New Every Two credit to another line on your account."

Source: Calling Features: New Every Two

Upvote 0
Finally was able to get down to the Verizon store this afternoon. The rep told me I could keep my Alltel voice plan (we'll see when I get the phone and I'll call customer service to verify). I would have to have done the mail in rebate, plus pay the tax on the $299 and only get a $30 credit on my account. I decided I could wait on more day and just order it online for $169 with a free overnight shipping promo I found--no rebate and instant discount for NE2. I don't know if they do free overnight shipping because I wasn't paying attention to that part before I entered the promo code. Either way, it should be here by 4:30 tomorrow. Now I'm not going to get any sleep tonight...it feels like Christmas Eve :)

Soon I'll be installing apps, customizing, and playing around with it and getting nothing else done for the next week or so. Sounds good to me ;)

BTW, anyone interested in the promo code for overnight shipping, it's FREEOVERNT

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones