Anybody else having trouble getting email?

Last Updated:

1. timbeaux38

timbeaux38 Member This Topic's Starter

I get m gmail fine, but another account I had set up on the regular mail function quit receiving email several days ago. I called Sprint help, and I uninstalled the account, reinstalled it and got all the messages I missed.... then yesterday, nothing. I'm hoping I just dorked up a setting, but I wanted to make sure it is just me and not a Sprint issue.

Thanks In advance.

Advertisement
  2. apollomaker

apollomaker Well-Known Member

Howdy! Well, I went through a similar situation with mail. I have my phone set up with both a "regular" external email account and a gmail account. My problem was in the settings for update frequency for mobile networks and in the account management which lets you set up how often your phone will query for email traffic.

I keep my phone in "enable-always-on" for mobile networks, and check every 15 mins on my email account setting. This way I stay up with email traffic and have no long waits.

Not sure if this is your problem, but it is worth checking.

Hope this helps -- Cheers --- Bob :D

3. timbeaux38

I have mine set up enable always on and 30 minutes on the refresh... I'm stumped.

4. timbeaux38

Bump

5. apollomaker

apollomaker Well-Known Member

Howdy -- well, this morning I had a "drop out" of my non-Gmail account.
    I did not receive any email all morning --- then I noticed it, and rebooted my Hero, and it came back up. Sent myself a few test emails on my normal account and it worked fine.

Glad to see I am not the only person seeing that glitch. I strongly suspect a Sprint network issue, since this is the first time this has happened --- been running 2.1 for some time now with zero problems.

Wierd --- Cheers --- ;):confused:

6. godfatherrules

godfatherrules Member

If you don't mind having your regular email commingled with your gmail, you can have your gmail account retrieve your mail from your other account. It's in settings and I believe it has instructions on how to do it. I actually have 5 other accounts (including two other gmail accounts) forwarded to mine. You could then use filters to color code the different accounts. It's not a fix but a fairly simple workaround.

7. timbeaux38

Well, I deleted the account, rebooted the phone and then reinstalled... I have been okay for the last 24 hours.

Q about the gmail thing... does it only reply from the gmail address?

8. Christophe2010

Christophe2010 Active Member

I tried to refresh my mail and it said "Authorization failed, login fail" and so then I cleared Data and cache and re-entered all my email accounts and it doesn't let me sign in, saying again "Authorization Failed, login fail, username/password incorrect". But...I know it's not incorrect because I know my passwords...:-/ lol

9. caliboy99

caliboy99 Well-Known Member

There is a thread on here that helped me out with my yahoo mail account (non plus account)if its a yahoo one thats giving you the trouble