anybody else youtube player sucks?

Last Updated:

1. iamtybaby

iamtybaby Banned This Topic's Starter

Mines takes 20 to 30 seconds for vids to play... then it freezes thruout the video.... im running 3g with 5 bars so reception shouldn't be a issue...Haven't seen any threads in it.. jus thought id get your opinion

Advertisement
  2. hollawood24

hollawood24 Well-Known Member

I definitely have this problem more often than not too.. It sucks when your trying to show off the phone/advertise (while using the kick stand :eek:) and the video refuses to load or cut off right in the middle smh..

3. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

It's Sprint! My incredible on HQ takes maybe 15 seconds to load and usually plays the whole way through.

4. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

It takes a little while to start but no freezing on my end. I was using it in HQ mode last night thru my hdmi and loving it.

That said, I wish we had more access to other peoples playlists, comments, homepage, etc. But as a simple player, I've been happy.

5. Khaelum

Khaelum Active Member

Been watching videos quite regularly via 3G using both the regular & HD option. HD takes longer to load (as it should), but both works perfectly once it starts.

6. jacker

jacker Well-Known Member

Me and the wifey works perfectly.

Mine is rooted and hers is not.

7. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I haven't timed my YT loading, but I think 15-30 is about accurate. Never really used it to view YT videos though. I usually use Sprint TV so I can watch the World Cup at work, crappy video with voice far ahead of the video but it's better than listening to the radio. :)

8. Jonhern

Jonhern Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am using evo roaming on VZ and videos load up quick and don't stop. This would not be a problem if the buffer was bigger while using on the sprint network. On my diamond i was able to just let a video load for a bit while i was doing something else so i did not run into the stopping in the middle problem. And that was with HQ set as default in the stock player. On the evo there does not seem to be a big buffer, it only loads a small amount of the video before loading more as it is watched. I have tried just letting it sit there on pause for 10 mins to test this and it would just stop loading the video after a bit. If we could increase the buffer i think it would fix a lot of the issues while using it on sprint 3g.

9. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I only use the HQ setting and YouTube videos take about 10 to 15 seconds to load. I dont think I've had one skip yet. I really like the YouTubeHQ on the EVO!