anybody get third party warranty for unlocked phones

Last Updated:

1. kevinf1990

kevinf1990 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

since my desire is unlocked, the original warranty is void. is it still possible to get a third party warranty such as squaretrade? anybody have experience with them? are there any other warranty options for unlocked phones?

Advertisement
  2. Pedro7

Pedro7 Well-Known Member

can't you just revert back to original settings if you need to use the warranty or does that not work with unlocking?

3. kevinf1990

yeah since it's unlocked, the warranty is voided too. besides the phone is from canada, so i don't think i can claim warranty anyways.

4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Who says the warranty is void?

Legally they cant refuse simply for being unlocked.

5. kevinf1990

well since the phone is from canda, i don't know how i would claim warranty. since on the warranty terms it says that i can only claim in the country that it was purchased from. debranding definitely voids it though but i can't find a stock telus rom to flash it anyways.

6. moe3754

moe3754 Well-Known Member

I have used Squaretrade and yes they are good but they are also expensive but I guess you get what you pay for, I was thinking about it but in all the years I have had cell phones and never once had one break at all, so to me I decided it would just be a waste of money!!!

I think that you only have a certain amount of time that you can get a warranty and you will need a valid purchase receipt to get the warranty, I think that it has to be purchased within the first thirty days.

7. kevinf1990

i think it's 3 months for retailer purchases. 30 days for ebay purchases. refurbished is 90 days. since i bought it from negrielectronics.com new i should have 3 months. would squaretrade know that the phone is unlocked and debranded?