Anybody have 2 browsers on their phone?

Last Updated:

1. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the pre installed browser and a week ago installed Skyfire the app that will play SOME flash content. Whenever I go on certain websites like Facebook, it will ask me which browser to use. So I select one, then the box comes up every couple seconds asking me to choose which browser to choose after I already selected one of them! This is so frustrating some times! I don't want to make skyfire my default since its still in Beta stages.

Advertisement
  2. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

If you select Skyfire as your default you can clear the choice anytime you want by going into Setting>Applications>Manage Applications>Skyfire>clear defaults

3. Dmordarski

Dmordarski Well-Known Member

Or just click the use always box at the bottom of the selection box when it pops up

4. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

I have both Skyfire and the stock browser. I use the stock browser as my default and when I need to view a video I switch to Skyfire. Just hit the check box when it asks for you to pick a browser and make the stock one your default. It has worked well for me doing it that way. If I know I am going to a site with a video I will just start out using Skyfire.

5. WJ1023

WJ1023 Well-Known Member

I have 4. Dolphin HD, Xscope, Skyfire and the stock browser. X and dolphin seem a bit faster. I keep skyfire for the flash. After Froyo we shouldnt need any other browser if the changes live up to expectations. Increased browser speed and flash 10.1...

6. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

Stock browser for everything but YouTube, there I use Skyfire. I just make sure skyfire is disabled after use as it seems to suck on the battery.

7. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member

I tried Skyfire, more than once. I uninstalled it because it hardly ever played a video and was a buggy piece of crap. I was disappointed to say the least.

I have Dolphin installed and it works reasonably well. I also have Dolphin HD to test it out but will probably uninstall that since they actually removed features from Dolphin just so you'd have to add them as separate extensions (that also take up a space in your app drawer).

8. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

snapcase, I was able to watch a video that was emailed to me by using Skyfire. I also was able to watch various flash videos on Mtv.com's website with no problem either so it must have been the sites you were going to that were giving you trouble.

9. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I have my stock browser, dolphin HD, and opera mini.

10. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Stock and Opera mini. Opera is my default, though I wish it could handle video, otherwise I'm pretty pleased with it.

11. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Stock and Dolphin HD, though really Dolphin's just more sluggish and a bit glitchy right now on Froyo. If only stock had tabbed browsing...

12. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Stock with Flash? Sorry on 2.2 :cool:

13. damule6666

damule6666 Well-Known Member

XScope and Dolphin HD

14. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member

Stock. I've tried others, but stock always seemed to run the fastest and least buggy, especially on 2.2 with Flash!

15. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

3 at the moment.

16. Ally305

Ally305 Well-Known Member

I have 2.

The stock browser and xScope Lite. I've used Opera and Dolphin Browser before.

17. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

I use the stock browser and dolphin HD. Every once in a while...it just pops up and asks me which i want to use also. Kinda annoying...but never really bothered to try to fix it...lol