• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody have the phone yet?

I ordered the EVO 3D on Sprints site a couple weeks ago. Is it possible to trade my EVO 3D for the Photon at the Sprint store? Has anyone compared the two? I need advice guys.

Easiest answer ever and reiterates everything that's already been said.

Go into the store on Sunday with all of the original EVO 3D stuff and say, "I want to swap this out with the Photon." Done deal. I can verify this because I did it with some corporate purchases that I did with the 3 phones on my account. Originally purchased through the 3rd party seller that handles all employees from the company I work with, but one of the phones wasn't what was expected, so I went into the store to exchange it.

Only caveat is that is your last exchange. Only one exchange allowed.

Upvote 0
I've had mine for a few days now after a shipping fiasco with Sprint (it ended up being 2 day shipping but being listed as "in warehouse"?) and I LOVE it. Coming from a well-worn Touch Diamond, this was a quantum leap for me but the rest of my family has EVO 4G's and while I am familiar with them and regularly sing their praises... the Photon wins hands down :)
Be excited OP. Be very excited. The only lackluster things are an iffy battery cover and a disappointing camera. Sorry to deflate your bubble, but they aren't dealbreakers by any means. Here's a dealbreaker: the Evo 3D :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones