Anybody know of a price drop coming?

Last Updated:

1. thoroside

thoroside Active Member This Topic's Starter

What's up yall? Incredibly jealous right now of all you folks rocking this phone. I want it. I only know though if I go out and grab it now, in a week or so, my luck, a price drop will roll out, because of their next wave of phones as we near the Holidays. Anybody have any inside info on a price drop coming, an ETA, or even a fact that the price won't be falling anytime soon? That deal that drops the price to $39 or $49 thru Amazon Wireless is only for 22-24 month upgraders or new customers, so that doesn't apply. Any info would be appreciated, Google is letting me down.

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Well, there are rumors of the Droid 2 Global that will replace the Droid 2. When that happens the D2 should drop in price.

3. thoroside

thoroside Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I've seen the rumor, but they're all pretty loosey goosey right now, no definitive time on when that phone comes out. And then also read that it would completely replace the D2, no longer being sold, so there would be no price drop, perhaps even maybe a raise because of the new Global accessibility.

4. Super_Six_Two

There would be a few weeks that the D2 would still be in stock just after launch of the new device. They would probably lower the price to clear them out. I believe this is what they did with the switch from D1 to D2

5. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

The famed Droid Pro World Edition phone is definitely not a replacement of the D2, it sounded too extreme to be true. I doubt we'll see any price drops beyond of what was seen on the normal evolution of its predecessor the Droid.

6. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

The D2 World phone is coming. The D2 price will drop because it's most likely being discontinued when the WE comes out. There's no point in having both.
    It's not too extreme to be true. They have dual core chips out for cell phones. 1.2 processors have been out for a while already. They just haven't been put to use in a cell phone yet.

Here's an internal leak. Take it for what you will. The Droid is A855, D2 is the A955. This shows an "A956 D2 WE" World Edition.
    [​IMG]

This isn't an R2D2 and the D2 isn't white.
    [​IMG]

The Touch Pro2 is gone. They don't have a touch screen slide out keyboard world phone.

7. marckatz

marckatz Member

But they will have a touch screen slide out keyboard world phone when the D2 Global (or world editon whatever they decide to call it) is released, correct?

8. Super_Six_Two

Yes. The phone will be the same as the D2 except for a few key features. It is said to have a 1.2 ghz processor and obviously world capabilities. Other then that it should be the same phone.