• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anybody phone sits at the LG start up for a long time?

Several things can cause this. A large number of start up apps,storing a lot of multimedia on the device "sdcard" instead of the external card,caches needing to be cleaned. All of which point to memory being full or almost full. Also could be any number of issues with the current rom install you have set up. I would start by cleaning the caches in recovery,then I would move apps to external,then any multimedia like videos,app apk backups,pictures,etc. to external storage. If that did not help the issue I would wipe the entire device and reinstall the rom. Another thing,does the device get hot? Could be a hardware issue. But most likely its software and storage related.

Upvote 0
Several things can cause this. A large number of start up apps,storing a lot of multimedia on the device "sdcard" instead of the external card,caches needing to be cleaned. All of which point to memory being full or almost full. Also could be any number of issues with the current rom install you have set up. I would start by cleaning the caches in recovery,then I would move apps to external,then any multimedia like videos,app apk backups,pictures,etc. to external storage. If that did not help the issue I would wipe the entire device and reinstall the rom. Another thing,does the device get hot? Could be a hardware issue. But most likely its software and storage related.[/QUOTE
im gonna try this thank you and it does get warm but i wouldnt say hot

Upvote 0
I've noticed that recently my volt has been sitting at the LG start up for a long time now everytime i reboot. It always eventually boots up but i think thats weird.
Well to understand the issue at hand better, could you provide some details?

What ROM are you using? Kernel? Boot image?
What mods are in play? What type of mods are they?
Do you have link2sd or apps2sd, folder mount, swap file, or other?
What changes have you made on your own (mods you created)?
And anything else you think might be helpful to know.

We should be able to narrow it down for you with the extra info

Reactions: mjhealy1978
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones