• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anybody try this

Thanks and please give me update I am really interested on that.

It works for me.

However, the devil is always in the details.

I used Astro to install the apk file and it worked fine. Just put the apk on the root of the internal SD, and click on it with Astro. I'm sure there are other ways to install it but that worked for me with no problem.

But, flash does not work with the default browser. When I tried to install Skyfire I got "failed to download" at least 4 times before it downloaded successfully. No idea why that happened. Once it downloaded it installed fine. It does play the flash vids, however, on first use it seems a bit clunky. You get a prompt for the vid and it opens a separate screen to play it, sort of like playing a YouTube vid. It doesn't play the vid embedded in the web page as it would on a standard browser. It will take some time to see how usable Skyfire is. But Flash does seem to work.

Upvote 0
Skyfore already has flash built in it. There's no need to install flash when you use skyfire. In the settings menu for skyfire, just use desktop source/layout.

Interesting. Wonder why the article overlooked that.

After a bit more use Skyfire won't be my default browser. If there's a Flash vid I really want to watch on the phone it's handy, but I much prefer the standard browser for everything else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones