Anybody use bluetooth keyboard/mice w/ laptop?

Last Updated:

1. Rapdaddy

Rapdaddy Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 8, 2010
    Just ordered an Alienware m11x (yes, it can't be shipped here quick enough!!!) and threw in bluetooth for an extra $20. What I didn't know is that there is a total lack of bluetooth keyboard/mice products on the market now. I've never bought bluetooth stuff for the computer, I can tell you though that my N1 and truck don't like talking to each other over bluetooth :(

So does anyone here actually use a bluetooth keyboard or mouse with their laptop? Or has everyone basically gone with RF wireless? From what I've seen the options are limited for keyboards anyways.

I was going to go wireless so that I could hook my laptop up to my tv and use it from the couch. Might end up going RF wireless instead of bluetooth, but seeing as how I purchased bluetooth for the laptop it would be nice to use it. Plus using up one less usb port sounds like a plus.

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Oct 28, 2009
    I think that BT is frowned upon, particularly when gaming, b/c of the low bandwidth - but I am not certain.

It could be something as simple as there is a low demand for it, or it could be that it is something that just hasn't taken off b/c of lack of support - who knows?

I did a search for BT KB reviews and found most of the links from this year, particularly in June, but also found at least one review from 2008...
  3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Jul 9, 2010
    I use a BT mouse with my small form factor HP laptop. It works just fine as a simple pointing device.