• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anybody use cache cleaner?

cmotion

Jan 24, 2010
Just wondering if anyone uses any cache cleaning apps on the Thunderbolt and how they've been working out? It was a huge help in keeping my eris running (somewhat) smoothly and not as important with the Thunderbolt but it's nice having a one-click cache cleaner to take care of it occasionally. Anyway, whenever I clean the cache it will either say "Cache already clean" (untrue) or "Cache cleaned. 1kB freed". Then when I check apps that I know had some cache built up (Market, Youtube, or Browser), sometimes it will have cleaned the cache, sometimes not. Any ideas??

Also keep in mind that the TB, as far as I'm aware, cleans the cache when you reboot. If you are flashing ROMs or just doing things that you reboot a lot then there might not be a lot of cache to clean.

That's good to keep in mind, I didn't realize it clears cache on a reboot. I'm just curious because I'll check in the Applications section and see how much cache is in Market, Youtube, etc. and, let's say there is a combined 4MB- I'll go to clean the cache and it will either say: "Cache already clean" or "Cache cleaned. Space freed 1kB". It always says 1kB no matter how much it actually cleans. And again, sometimes it will tell me Cache was already clean when I know that was not the case. Anyway, not a huge deal, because like you said:

I'm using it on the TB, however I don't feel the need to use it everyday like I did on my Droid 1.

If I didn't use that semi-daily on my Eris I would notice a rather significant slow-down in performance. Cache cleaner also had a hard time finding Busybox, which I knew I had downloaded from Titanium Backup. Maybe I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps.

Upvote 0
<snip>

If I didn't use that semi-daily on my Eris I would notice a rather significant slow-down in performance. Cache cleaner also had a hard time finding Busybox, which I knew I had downloaded from Titanium Backup. Maybe I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps.

I do not know what Cache cleaner actually does, but I am assuming it tries to clean the Dalvik Cache. If you already have Titanium installed, why not use it to clean the Dalvik cache? Open it > menu > more > clea Dalvik Cache.

Nkk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones