1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody use the y5 app?

Last Updated:

1. i.have.droid

i.have.droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use the y5 app to turn on my wifi when I get home. I thought it would also turn off my wifi when I left, but when I was in the mall, I got a notification that "wifi was avalable" and I saw the wifi icon was on.

Am I missing something here, or does y5 not turn off your wifi and just log it on when you tell it to?

Advertisement
  2. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

The reviews I read on the Marketplace seem to indicate this is a problem with y5. The app simply turns wi-fi on when it should not.

Until y5 fixes the issue, the app doesn't appear too helpful.

3. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

I use it, and I haven't noticed this problem, but it could be simply because I haven't been looking at the phone at the right times. In my experience, it works as it should, but I have read of people having the same issue you're having.

4. i.have.droid

i.have.droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok Thanks, is this the only free app that does this or are there others to check out?

5. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

This is why I had to remove it. I never noticed my wifi was still on, until I was playing with my phone and saw it. So that doesn't really help. I just started using Quick Profiles, which allows me to set profiles based on my needs (I.E. Home, work, etc.). I didn't want to use Locale, so I'm testing this one out to see how it plays...so far so good. Oh it does require manual inputing as well.

6. FLY_DMy

FLY_DMy New Member

Please be aware that you will see constant disconnects when attempting to launch your 3G mobile hotspot with the Y5 battery saver app installed.

You must uninstall the app (don't just kill the PID) if you intend to use the mobile hotspot.

Confirmed!

7. Tumeg

Tumeg Well-Known Member

I just use Tasker... I have it turn WiFi on and automatically connect to my home wifi, depending on my location (not using GPS).

Edit: Wow. This is a DEAD thread...

8. aldamon

aldamon Well-Known Member

Pinmac1 likes this.
  9. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip re Auto Wifi enabler. Y5 has been a bit erratic lately so I'm giving this one a try.

10. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Auto wifi enabler works if you need it to be location based. You could also try Timeriffic which asked you to schedule when things like wifi are toggled.