AnyCut Metro PCS Hidden MenuSupport

1. wz9307

wz9307 Member

I was browsing through any cut and I stumbled upon Metro PCS Hidden Menu. I made a short cut. Once I opened the short cut it took me to a MENU (No Surprise There) but it containded many things

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75709851@N07/6820494945/

I entered network select

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75709851@N07/6820495631/

The thing that got my attention is; What is the LTE USB Disable/Enable DO? and why is the Disable the DEFAULT?

Please explore this hidden menu and publish what you discover here.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. epayne123

epayne123 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, good find here... am trying to think of something this could mean... maybe a tether type deal!?
  3. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

I bet it is for mobile hotspot hence why we have "internet" mode :D
  4. epayne123

That's DEFINITELY possible but what would "USB" mean?... Hmmm, can't think of anything. Wish we had a MetroPCS Corporate Tech among us... can you say "The REAL LG Esteem Optimizer!" LoL
  5. wz9307

wz9307 Member

Well I messed around with it a little bit, i could not get it to work.

-If you enable LTE USB and connect it under "Internet Connection" it tries to install a driver "LG UDC-AHB Subsystem"

I turns out this was a driver for the LG VL600 LTE Modem for Verizon Wireless

-This driver was defective and a Firmware update was released to solve the problem
    xixion and sm0kex like this.
  6. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

I got the same results :D
  7. epayne123

Does it let you know where the firmware update is? I have just made a backup for this so I am all set and ready to go. Since this is the HiddenMenu the settings are stored in the apk which will be reset with a restore if you guys are stuck. NOW!!!, since we know that the initial driver it tries to install is invalid and that there is a firmware update, we have to figure out where the firmware update is. I will be doing some searching.
  8. byrd720

byrd720 Active Member

On topic of the hidden menu, what is the admin data enable box(third menu down in network select)?
  9. epayne123

I have more information and will be working with Shiny to figure things out here. will let y'all know the verdict here. Do not want anyone to brick without a backup. I know that people always say they will but for the people who dont think they need to... nvm, just be patient HaHa may be nothing but who knows
  10. epayne123

Shiny, PM me if you are still online please.
  11. epayne123

Okay I have updates if anyone is interested.
  12. budde2

budde2 Well-Known Member

Is it for tether
  13. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

Whatcha got?

Sent from my LD-ICS v1.2 using Tapatalk
  14. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I mess around with any cut. I have try and made some adjustments in LTE configuration section and it seems while I have 4G enable my battery doesn't drain as much!!!
  15. ManlyParasite

ManlyParasite Well-Known Member

Do share

EDIT: Go to Network Mode, and you can enable CDMA only, or LTE only mode. This could be used to disable 4g when you don't want/need it.
  16. KlexKavark

KlexKavark Well-Known Member

Do you mean you can have 4g on all day and it wont drain as much? If so can you tell me how you did that?
  17. dulal18

dulal18 Well-Known Member

I know its been said BUT PLEASE DONT ENABLE THAT MODE, if you are to enable it and forget to change it back and lets say your phone gets bricked, unless you have cwm you wont be able do anything nothing that setting stays in the phone NAM even though its for modem it completely changes the regular usb mode so no matter what you do unless you disable that LTE usb mode your computer will never recognize the phone had this happened to me couple of months ago and i ended up installing drivers for hours many different ones and nothing would recognize the phone so just wanted to tell you guys my experience since this forums is awesome and cares.
  18. epayne123

The only PROPER way to get the driver for this device is either...

A. If anyone knows someone with a VL600 and can copy down the driver for us

B. Someone GETS the VL600 and downloads the proper driver, then uses VZ
    Access Manager and the LG VL600 Software Upgrade Tool to ENSURE we
    have the most recent driver.

P.S.: This is in fact going to be a USB Tether Mode available. Enabling this
    option will harm you device in ANY way. In order to attemp to install the
    driver properly you MUST connect to PC, enable "Internet Connection"
    mode, THEN enable "LTE USB". If you enable "TLE USB" before entering
    "Internet Connection" mode the computer will not even attempt to
    recognize the phone. So this means if you DO enable this option, before
    you can have it connect to the computer again u MUST disable the
    "LTE USB" option before your computer will recognize it.
    sm0kex and horsecharles like this.
  19. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

But don't you have to reboot the phone again when you want 4g. Is it simply like lte onoff ?

Well I'm still experimenting it. Go create a shortcut in any cut and look for LTE Configuration. Then open LTE configuration , select "system selection " and for scan duration = put 3-5min. And the rest of settings put 2mins. I'm testing it to see how effective is.
  20. epayne123

AFAIK, it should just go ahead and enable and disable immediately like Plug N' Play.
  21. Pappy62

Pappy62 Well-Known Member

What did you find out?
  22. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

It somewhat take shorter to idle. So it gives an slight improvement to the battery consumption .
    rsurfer and Pappy62 like this.
  23. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

Anything that can be configured to reduce battery drain is defiantly a plus!

Thought "Am not an LG engineer-I just play one on the forums":D

Thanks for your work on this ya'all:)
  24. horsecharles

horsecharles Well-Known Member

Hi, anyone come up with anything interesting?
    There's a ton of settings to play with, like:
    Data, enable admin.

As far as the driver itself, i used the LGMobile Support Tool to get the latest updates for both Revo N Esteem. I have them both unpacked and sitting in computer, but don't see anything obvious pertaining...
    FYI this tool is a biatch to use--it always wants to re-download AND reinstall usb drivers, ditto for phone update. Re the latter, phone can't be disconnected before download is complete (all 290
    wz9307 likes this.
  25. horsecharles

horsecharles Well-Known Member

Hi, anyone come up with anything interesting?
    There's a ton of settings to play with, like:
    Data, enable admin.

As far as the driver itself, i used the LGMobile Support Tool to get the latest updates for both Revo N Esteem. I have them both unpacked and sitting in computer, but don't see anything obvious pertaining...
    FYI this tool is a biatch to use--it always wants to re-download AND reinstall usb drivers, ditto for phone update. Re the latter, phone can't be disconnected before download is complete (all 290
    gbiggie likes this.