Anyone a past Sidekick user now using a G1General

Last Updated:

1. cosmo93940

cosmo93940 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I have a sidekick3 and i'm looking for a new phone I want to keep with T-Mobile and I like a keyboard over a touch screen. I been thinking about the G1 and was wondering if you came off a Sidekick to the G1 how was the transition. Any info would help.
    Thanks
    cosmo93940

Advertisement
  2. newmiracle

newmiracle New Member

I came from a Sidekick II, and I'm really happy I made the upgrade. You can do so much more with the G1- and it doesn't feel as bulky. The only part where the G1 is worse, in my opinion, is the keyboard. The Sidekick keyboard was better. But I'm used to the G1 keyboard now, and simple things like solid wifi internet browsing are awesome. There are really cool apps for android, and many of them are free (which is nice, as opposed to the sidekick's app store). Plus, it seems like the app selection is just going to get better with time.

If you have the money for it, I would recommend the upgrade.

3. RHatfield25

RHatfield25 New Member

yeah. I had the sidekick 3. it was my favorite phone until i got the g1. and i got it for the same reason, the physical keyboard. but ive sinced switched to a dvorak keyboard, which obviously is only soft touch. And its come so naturally i think im gonna get a mytouch.

4. Miss Spicy McHaggis

Miss Spicy McHaggis Well-Known Member

i went from the sidekick III to the MDA back to sidekick III, the MDA died :( and then to the G1 and it was a wonderful switch. i'm a HUGE fan of touch screens and everything you can do with a G! it's def a great upgrade. I gave my boyfriend my sidekick III but now he wants a G1 really bad lol

5. Angdvl089

Angdvl089 New Member

That's me! I used to have a sidekick id for almost two years. This phone is sooo much better.

6. ShadowofEnder

ShadowofEnder New Member

I had a Sidekick II, III, and LX. With each progresson, I was disapointed at how little the sidekick tech improved. When the III came out, other phones had 2.0 megapixel or better cameras while the III only had 1.8 or something. A lot of other phones had video mode too... Web Browsing on the III wasnt any improvement over the II... and hardly any improvement with either one when the LX came out... LX did have video mode..... I just got really fed up and bought myself a G1. I have been in heaven ever since. THe G1 is like 5000000% better than any of the Crappy Sidekicks.

7. suuungkim

suuungkim Member

The best thing about the transition was that in the G1, I had the power to choose songs from my own SD card as my ringtone. My Sidekick LX couldn't do that. It frustrated me, for I didn't want to spend money on ringtones, nor did the crappy download catalog have any music that I liked.

The G1 is great so far. But we'll have to see. Everything has its flaws.