Anyone able to get a live weather radar "layer" onto NAV map while tracking route?

Last Updated:

1. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It looked like I was able to create a "My Map" online with the Weather Channel and/or Accuweather.com as a "layer". I was able to add the Weather Channel as a "layer" on the phone's NAV map, but it returned an error stating there was a problem with the site coding or something.

I just thought it would be cool to be in NAV mode and have cloud cover update real time as you driving through, or into a storm. Would be even more useful if you were trying to slip in a training ride, and needed to know where the storm is in relation to your route, for those marginal days.

Advertisement
  2. jlittlec5

jlittlec5 Member

I wondered the same thing. It would be great to add live radar as a layer.

3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Weather Mobile or My Mobile Weather, not sure what the correct name is, but the icon is a circle with a wavy line separating 2 halves, one side orange, the other white, has a nice radar view with optional satellite image. It may have blue dot for GPS marker, and I believe it actually uses Google Maps. I'm not sure if it tracks you while moving though, but the cloud cover seemed "real time".

4. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

It's a good app, but not exactly what the OP was asking for. I've not seen a layer for weather yet, but I thought it would be a cool thing as well.

5. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member

That would be killer. Imagine driving through a snow storm, otherwise wondering when the horror was going to end.

Now, you're watching the snow taper off as your driving, while you see yourself coming out of the blue cloud of death on the radar overlay on the phone.

Totally cool feature if one could get it to work with the native map app.

Joe

6. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

This was one of the 1st things I looked for when starting to use GMN. Would LOVE to have a weather layer. This would be a killer feature. C'mon Google.

7. barry99705

8. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

9. barry99705