• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone able to get Cliq to work on basic data plan on T-Mobile?

I was wondering if anyone was able to get their T-Mobile/Motorola Cliq to work on T-Mobile's basic data plan? They now have a specific Android data plan. I can't believe that they raised the data and unlimited text message plan to cost $45/mo. in total for Android phones! I'm using the $19.99 unlimited data/messaging plan now and would like to continue to use it. If anyone has successfully done this, please let me know how you did it. Thanks for reading!

I personally haven't done this but in my quest to resolve my own issues I have come across similar questions with solutions. It is basically your apn settings. The new settings for new data plans are epc.tmobile.com which is probrably the setting on your phone but to use your previous internet plan you need to put in internet2.voicestream.com, if that doesn't work then use wap.voicestream.com

Upvote 0
T-Mobile actually made rate changes since I originally posted that question. They just have a flat rate Smartphone Data Plan now and you have to call in to distinguish whether you have an Android phone or Smartphone (ie. iPhone, Windows Mobile, etc). I ended up getting the unlimited family plan with everything unlimited (which is a great price for just two people by the way).

I never ended up getting my Cliq working on the $19.99 basic rate plan. I tried changing the APN information, but that didn't work. I believe it has to do with the type of provisioning they do since they seperate it by Android data and Smartphone data now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones