• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone able to get media players to connect to Windows Media share?

colnago

Android Expert
Nov 17, 2009
The only thing that I could get to connect to my shared drives/libraries, is EStrong's file manager. I tried Astro, but I think I had the incorrect syntax, and the "Media Share" app seems to just be a tutorial? Either way, I couldn't get the "Connected File Manager" to connect to my Windows share on my PC.

With my N900, as soon as I connected to my home's WiFi, I could open my media player and it would automatically see all shared libraries. I could either stream any content, as well as copy/paste any files between the phone/PC via the file manager, based on the media player's connection. Is there any way to replicate this functionality within Android? I bought Poweramp, since the description said that it could stream from network, but trying to get it to work is givin' me the blues.

I don't see a "Sync schedule/settings" section on the Defy, like I did on the Droid 1. Nor do I see a "max number of articles" for the stock News widget. It seems like every time I delete/re-add the RSS feed, it works a few times, then stops...despite changing the withholding times.

Is anyone getting current RSS feeds with the Blur widget?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones