Anyone buy an accessory bundle in-store?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Trice

Trice Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 28, 2010
    I see that the Verizon web site has a few accessory bundles put together but the store I ordered mine from this morning had a few bigger bundles. For $170, I got my choice of a case (Body Glove), Jawbone Bluetooth, car dock, car charger, screen covers, and an HDMI cable.

There appeared to be three or four tiers of packages. I think the only package higher than mine included the HDMI cradle plus the 32GB microSD card. Apparently this was available only in-store. They said they would let me purchase tomorrow (when my phone will supposedly arrive) if I wanted to think it over, as this is my first smartphone and I'm not sure what accessories I will really find useful for it.

I compared what I paid for this accessory bundle with what I would have paid online at Verizon and it does seem to be cheaper. Maybe not as cheap as what I could have gotten had I bought each piece separately elsewhere but I can always return the stuff.

Is this consistent with what others were seeing?

2. cassnate6259

cassnate6259 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Ebay is a haven for ultra-cheap accessories. There's even Droid X cases starting to pop up already for under $7. I got excited and picked up the $25 kickstand case in the store, but I'm already regretting that. No problem though, Verizon still gives 30 days on most accessories.

If you want to go directly through the store, then yes, it looks like their bundles will save you a bit. I saw some bundles that were around $70-80 in the store this morning.
  3. maniacman54

maniacman54 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    frankly i think they're packages are overpriced even if they're discounted. i got a case, an hdmi cable and a motorola car charger for about $25 on amazon. vzw throws in a couple of more things and BAM its $100. not worth it