• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone buy off contract to keep unlimited data?

Fahrenheit85

Jul 25, 2010
I did for an Xmas gift to my girlfriend. When I bought it, I web chatted with Verizon and they assured me I'd keep unlimited data. When I activated it, they assured me I'd keep unlimited data. Now today I check there site and the DNA is listed as 2gb a month plan. So not only did I pay full price for a phone when I have upgrade credits but I lost unlimited data on that line.

So I called them up, guy on the phone said it was a mistake in the system and he was sorry. He said he switched it back to unlimited data on that line. Website still shows 2gbs though. Figure ill give it a few hours before I call them back. If I do end up losing unlimited data I'll send back the DNA I just bought, sell my 2 SGS3s I bought off contract and close the account.

Just a little FYI for you guys.

EDIT - Website just updated, now have unlimited data back on the line that has the DNA. My blood pressure is returning to normal now.

Wow, my salesperson told me I would keep unlimited data too. I added the wife and when I checked they had us one a shared 4gb plan. I caught it two days before my 14 day Grace period was over.
Called em up told I'm I was bringing the phones back. Voila I niw have unlimited on my plan for another two years. I had used NEARLY 1 GB IN THREE DAYS lol.
I almost passed out before the issue was resolved:D:eek:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones