Anyone buy off contract to keep unlimited data?General

Last Updated:

1. Fahrenheit85

Fahrenheit85 Well-Known Member

I did for an Xmas gift to my girlfriend. When I bought it, I web chatted with Verizon and they assured me I'd keep unlimited data. When I activated it, they assured me I'd keep unlimited data. Now today I check there site and the DNA is listed as 2gb a month plan. So not only did I pay full price for a phone when I have upgrade credits but I lost unlimited data on that line.

So I called them up, guy on the phone said it was a mistake in the system and he was sorry. He said he switched it back to unlimited data on that line. Website still shows 2gbs though. Figure ill give it a few hours before I call them back. If I do end up losing unlimited data I'll send back the DNA I just bought, sell my 2 SGS3s I bought off contract and close the account.

Just a little FYI for you guys.

EDIT - Website just updated, now have unlimited data back on the line that has the DNA. My blood pressure is returning to normal now.

2. CegAbq

CegAbq Well-Known Member

3. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Well-Known Member

Yep, I paid full retail and kept unlimited data...
  4. Blacklight82

Blacklight82 Well-Known Member

I thought about it for a long time but decided not to. My GS3 will do for now but the DNA seems like an almost perfect phone(needs more storage).
  5. AcesAndRum

AcesAndRum Member

Bought it day one and definitely paid off contract to keep my unlimited data. And I'm USING it too, torrenting is so much faster over 4g than my home wifi, if only this thing had more than 16gb of space Id never need my pc again xD
  6. zzpree

zzpree Active Member

Wow, my salesperson told me I would keep unlimited data too. I added the wife and when I checked they had us one a shared 4gb plan. I caught it two days before my 14 day Grace period was over.
    Called em up told I'm I was bringing the phones back. Voila I niw have unlimited on my plan for another two years. I had used NEARLY 1 GB IN THREE DAYS lol.
    I almost passed out before the issue was resolved:D:eek:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  7. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Its absolutely amazing how bad Verizon's business practices are. If none of you guys would have caught this in time you would have gotten a GIANT bill, its amazing how they try and screw they're customers.