1. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

No one can outrun a bullet my friend.

Advertisement
  2. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Well-Known Member

3. rsdmems

rsdmems Member

Here's another Otterbox question: Does anyone out there have any experience with removing the screen protector from the Defender case? I like the belt clip & kickstand and all the impact protection, but am not worried about scratching the Guerrilla Glass and don't want to dull the brightness of the screen by putting a piece of plastic over it.
  4. XstitchCowgirl

XstitchCowgirl Well-Known Member

Just going by what they told me. Seems strange all these case makers are saying no in emails, but then next day have coming soon on their websites next day.
  5. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

It's not surprising that the lower level csr's have no idea whats in the works. Particularly with seidio that tends to produce things very quickly. Look what a fiasco the note 2 launch was with sprint. The day of the launch some of the store employees and telesales didn't even know if they had the phone in for sale. In my case the greeter didn't have a clue but thankfully the manager overheard me asking for the phone and told me they had it. It wasn't even in their system yet.
  6. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Well-Known Member

Sorry for any confusion. We didn't have the product line finalized, but we have had definite plans to produce cases and holsters for the Note 2. We should have the cases within a week or two!
    menmyjeep and ScandaLeX like this.
  7. XstitchCowgirl

XstitchCowgirl Well-Known Member

Please include Amethyst in available colors!!!
  8. TrueMetalGeek

TrueMetalGeek Well-Known Member

LOL! As a gun carrying person I of course know better than to shoot someone running away with my phone. It would be a quick way to be in for profit prison system of Amerika before you know it.

You can't even legally shoot someone driving away with your car.
    Although if my kids were in the car and I had a clear shot, the thief in that case would get a bullet in the head.

But that wont happen because I have a home made microprocessor controlled anti theft system where they'll only get about 100 feet before it stalls. :D
  9. TrueMetalGeek

I have a Rezound but am considering this phone because of the dual window capability so I can keep videos running while I answer messages, etc.

The first thing I thought when I saw a Note 1 was how BIG and ******ed it looks when attaced to a belt. LOL!

However, I'm tempted and looks like I might get one on Nov 27th.

I think I'll get a case on it and put it in my front pocket or something.
  10. TrueMetalGeek

What? The word "r*****" is censored?
    Wow! Lame!
  11. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I was being facetious. I have sprints tep for a reason. Plus I wear big shirts that cover my phone as well as my firearm.
  12. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

when my phones were small.. with 3.5" screens.. i used belt clips and holsters ..

but with these bigger phones.. I currently have an OG Evo; and can not see my self with that on my hip, let alone a NOTE2.

btw.. i am 6.1.. and still cant see me doing it.
  13. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member

To each their own I guess. I currently have a Motorola Razr and have tried putting into my front pockets. It fits easily enough but every time I try to sit down or get into the car, it really is fairly uncomfortable. A co-worker of mine always carry's his Droid X in his front pockets and every time his phone rings and he pulls it out of his pocket, I just can't help to think how rediculous that looks pulling that big phone out of his pocket. I prefer wearing it on my belt and see no issues in doing so.
  14. rdalcanto

15. tonyrl50

tonyrl50 Member

16. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Well-Known Member

Is it possibly the common MTP driver issue as on the Galaxy S3 forum? Theres no single solution to this but in my case I disabled Windows Firewall then it installed without a hitch and when I re enabled WF it carried on working.
  17. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Not as lame as the way you used it in that sentence. Especially when other words could have been used.

So please refrain from using them. Such words are inappropriate.

TS
    NightAngel79 and jerofld like this.
  18. h1r0ll3r

h1r0ll3r Well-Known Member

You can simply punch it out. There will be some lingering glue residue on the inside of the case where the screen protector was installed so you'll need to remove that somehow to avoid any potential scratching on the phone screen. I did that for my Defender case for my iPhone. Personally, I think the built in screen protector, while good in theory, is pretty crappy and is more of a nuisance then anything else.

I hear ya. I get that all the time whenever I'm looking for answers on release dates and such. Seems odd how every company's immediate answer is no. Only to be followed up with oodles of marketing/press about their new line of whatever that has magically become available.

YAY! Eager to get my Active case ASAP.
  19. tonyrl50

tonyrl50 Member

20. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Ok Tony. You gonna have to stop making me nuts. To start, I just woke up so I'm not fully functional. I keep thinking I'm clicking on the same thread cause I keep seeing your case.

I'm on Tapatalk so I'm backing out and boom.....your case again. That's when it hit me you're posting it in every thread.

Stop.....I haven't had coffee yet. You making me crazy. :eek:
    tonyrl50 and menmyjeep like this.
  21. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i would like to see that on someone's belt.. does it look like a shield?
  22. tonyrl50

tonyrl50 Member

On my belt this weekend
  23. tonyrl50

tonyrl50 Member

sorry about that. didnt mean to confuss anyone lol. looks like seido beat otterbox to the punch.
  24. rdalcanto

Cases like that will make the phone HUGE. I much prefer something like a screen protector over the entire phone, and then a slimmer leather pouch type case on my belt. I have big hands, and can use the naked phone with one hand no problem. Having a huge case on the phone would turn it into a two handed device, which I don't like.
  25. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I ordered the seidio surface combo this morning so I should have it in a couple of days. I'll let you guys know if it's wearable. As a point of reference I wore my evo (ballistic case) and my photon (defender case) on my belt with no issue but we'll see with this giant!