Anyone come from an X? Thinkning of trading.General

Last Updated:

1. EinZtein

EinZtein Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I've gone from g1 to MyTouch to Nexus One to Droid X.

I love the X, but it's frickin huge and IMO is proportioned wrong anyway.

Thinking of trading My X for a DI with Amoled screen.

Anyone here come from an X and what are your experiences.

Any advice is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

Not sure you will be able to get an Amolded screen, Unless your 90 days is about to expire for your trade in, you might want to wait a bit. The new Incredible HD looks pretty sweet

EinZtein likes this.
  3. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Funny, I decidedly want to move up from my 3.7" screen to a 4.3" screen. However, I have to agree on the X. Side-by-side with the EVO, it's too big (not the screen but the entire phone). Plus, I'm an HTC fan. The Incredible HD looks nice, but unless it has 4G and hdmi along with the front-facing camera, I'm holding off. If you care at all about video out, I'd steer away from the Incredible as the video out is pretty worthless.

EinZtein likes this.
  4. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

EinZtein likes this.
  5. Ruggar

Ruggar Well-Known Member

My wife has the X and I have the DInc. I like the size of the DInc better as well. Maybe it is just bias on my part but I like my screen of the DInc better. It seems... clearer. Although my DInc was one of the originals with an AMOLED screen so maybe that is it. She uses it a lot for taking pics of the kids mostly and prefers the larger screen for that reason. She also keeps it in her purse and I keep mine in my pocket. When I have had to hold on to it seems odd in my pocket. Again, probably perception because I a used to something smaller. We both much prefer HTC Sense over Moto Blur. As soon as I could I rooted it and put LauncherPro on it for her and customized the interface to her liking. As far as battery life, if I use the OEM battery she gets more battery life than me. A lot more. When I use my extended battery we get about the same. No big surprise there as the DInc comes with a 1300mAh battery and the X a 1540mAh battery. It has been suggested the 1750mAh by Seido is really about a 1540mAh so it makes sense. Performance wise they are close. The X isn't slow by any stretch of the imagination. But I do notice my DInc is a tad snappier than hers. Maybe it's the 528MB ROM that the X doesn't have. The X is easier for my kids to hold when talking to Grandma and Grandpa though since they tend to use both hands. Yeah that's an odd data point for us but an important one. They tend to drop my DInc or hang up a lot when we let them talk to Grandma.

If the form factor of the X isn't your cup of tea than I would shy away from the DInc HD which has been reported to be coming soon. It is bigger than the original DInc and closer to the X if all the original reports are correct. But you may not be able to get the original DInc if you wait until the DInc HD comes out. Keep that in mind too. You have 30 days to return a phone so if November 23rd (the reported DInc HD launch date) is correct you could upgrade now and if swap it out for the HD version once you look at it in the store.

Hope that all helps.

EinZtein likes this.
  6. kilofox

kilofox Well-Known Member

I have owned the X, Fascinate and now the DINC. The X was too big for my liking. The Fascinate's laggy os and slow gps made me return it... but I did like the screen including its size. The DINC...... I can sum up in one word... butter. Love Sense and I love the smoothness and snappyness of the phone.

To me the 4" screen is the perfect screen size.

EinZtein likes this.
  7. EinZtein

Awesome, thanks for all the great replies and information!!!!! I think you've solidified my thoughts.

This trade is for a Dinc with the Amoled screen, and I'm getting 75 bucks.

I'll probably only keep it until next year spring when something with a 4 inch screen comes out which I think is perfect size for dudes.

At work for 10 straight offices there is either a DI or DX. So I've done lots of side by side, the DI is faster loading Angry Birds fwiw. The DX is even slower with LP but the DX is always fast as hell and super responsive except the lag in voice popup coming up. The buttons do suck, they should have taken a 1/4 inch off the bottom and added capacitative instead. And what's up with the rocker buttons, they're horrible. The volume rocker is even worse. Moto really blew it designing all the buttons on this device, I'm very surprised at that.

Before I committed to Android I was a Symbian developer and am used to great hardware, especially speakers.

The DX loudspeaker is a joke, the worst for loudness of ANY device I've ever owned, and that harkens back to the old Samsung flips from the 90s.

My last Symbian was a n78, which had two independent stereo speakers with some pretty killer surround sound effects.

What can I expect from th DI loudspeaker?

My DX is almost in audible in any env with background noise, or even walking down the street at night with volume all the way up I can hear my music...barely.

Thanks again for great info.

8. EinZtein

And how easy is it to get swype on there without rooting?

I'm also planning on keeping my 16gb that came with my X and putting it in the DI, any issues there?

9. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

You can get swype pretty easily.

We're not allowed to discuss where exactly to get it because it's against the rules of this forums.

EinZtein likes this.
  10. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

You don't need to be rooted to use swype.

And there are no technical issues with reusing the 16gb card. Worst case, you might need to reformat the card but that's pretty easy to do (and probably won't be necessary).

IMHO since the 16gb was standard equipment with the fascinate, it'd be wrong to swap it out without mentioning anything to the buyer (definitely include A sd card. The fascinate will lose ALOT of functionality without one.)

EinZtein likes this.
  11. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

I went from the Incredible to the X and IMHO, the Inc is faster, more responsive, smoother and performs better than the X in every way, except for one biggie -- call quality. I also like the fact that I can read the big screen without my reading glasses.

In every other way -the Incredible is .... incredible!

EinZtein likes this.
  12. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I've played with all of them for a while. I always come back to the DInc though. It is the fastest of the bunch hands down. It has a GREAT screen compared to the Motorola phones and SenseUI is easily the best for Android!

What's to think about? There's a reason they named it the "Incredible"! LOL!!!

EinZtein likes this.