• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone drive a MINI Cooper?

Hi,
I drive a Mini Cooper and it's a fun car to drive, though maybe wasn't the best choice in hindsight as we live in rural Spain and the roads are not very forgiving!
Are you getting a new one?
If you're looking at second hand, there's a few glitches to look out for though.
Hope you have fun whatever you choose.
Ant

Upvote 0
antatoo I'm looking at getting a used one.

If you go for a 2005 model or before, check it has had the gearbox refitted with the new BMW one because the older one had a fault.
Also check the front seats are ok because they have a problem after a few years, that some of them collapse after being in the laid back position and the only option is to replace the whole thing.
See the mini2.com forum for details on problems.

I'm not trying to put you off, cos it's a great little car, but we only found out after we bought ours and wished we'd have known before hand.

Hope this is of some help

Cheers
Ant

Upvote 0
I have a 2010 MINI Cooper S hatchback and love the car. This is my second MINI and would buy another again. Most recently came from a 2007 Acura TSX. I also own an HTC EVO 4G and it pairs perfectly with the MINI's Bluetooth system.

Did you have to do anything "special" to connect the HTC Evo with your Mini? I have a 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman and had no problems with my iPhone. However, i just got a HTC One S and it cannot "communicate" with my Mini (it identifies Mini's bluetooth, but just keeps failing to connect or communicate). It's frustrating and I'd hate to change phones, but i also paid for the stupid bluetooth in my Mini. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Grave digger! JK. Have you tried removing all paired items to the Mini? The pairing with the iPhone may be what's interfering with the pairing to the Android. See if the instructions say anything about removing all paired devices and try reconnecting to the Android from scratch. Also, make sure your phone is up to date if you just bought it.

As far as the mini goes, they're definitely fun little cars to drive around, but what I seem to notice is that people will tailgate you more aggressively in the mini as opposed to a full-sized car.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones