Anyone else addicted to apps?General

Last Updated:

1. Droidcula

Droidcula Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use them a few times then uninstall them. The only ones I keep are chomp and taskkiller. Everything else I use a couple of times then never use them again. Not until weeks or months later do I re-install them only to un-install them again. I've already reset my phone 3 times. Reason being, even if you uninstall the app some stuff still remains. Phone starts to get slow after a while.

I think I'm just addicted to downloading apps.

Advertisement
  2. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm NKT and I'm addicted to apps.

I constantly find myself surfing the market, trolling for that bigger better app...

3. Droidcula

LOL!!! Welcome NKT... My name is Droidcula and I am also addicted to apps. I find myself jittery if I'm not on the market looking for apps. Nothing in particular...just something that looks cool.

4. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

If you mount your phone then look through the folders, you can get rid of a lot of stuff that the apps put there. (i.e. i deleted two folders created by the Dolphin Browser)

5. Droidcula

True...but some of these apps install folders you can't find. I mean really, for all we know these apps could be trojans. Some of the apps tell me they need access to 5 or more systems on my phone. So I didn't want to take any chances and just reset the phone.

6. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

You guys should turn your addiction into a positive. Start using this or another thread to tell everyone about the latest and greatest app you have found. Full screen shots from AndroLib and everything.

I just added:

[​IMG]Places Directory

It uses GPS to find places near where you are. It has a great list of restaurants, gas stations, hotels, banks, bars, shopping, parking, etc. It works really well and also offers map directions. You can read reviews of the places you find and see photos as well. Great app and it has really come in handy. :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

OK, I'm going to feel like a schlub, but how did you do the screen shots?

Nevermind... youtube is my friend :D

8. OfTheDamned

Actually, I cheated and used the ones on Androlib.com

9. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

NKT = pwned

:eek:

But I downloaded the SDK and am going to try taking some high quality screenies :cool:

10. OfTheDamned

I have that too. Once you get it up and running it is supper easy to take shots.

11. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Good, I was hoping you were to clever to tell everyone that you live in (or near) Mountain View...
    Wouldn't want some pro ATK person showing up on your doorstep waving their phone at you. :)

12. OfTheDamned

LMAO! That wouldn't be a good thing, for them anyway. ;)

13. OfTheDamned

Another one that I just recently added:

[​IMG] White Noise Lite

From the website:
    White Noise Lite uses ambient sounds of the environment to help you relax or sleep. It has looped audio sounds like waves crashing on a beach, crickets chirping at night, Airplane (inside), wind chimes, ticking clock, fan, thunder, train on tracks, white noise and rain fall. It also offers a sleep timer. It is a great little app and just helped me replace my little wave machine. It is ad supported and there is an ad free version for $1.99 that offers another 30 sounds. The only draw back to either of these is the file size. The lite version weights in at 5.5 MB and the full version is an astounding 21.7 MB. I may look at the full version once we have root.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]