Anyone Else Captivate Does This??

1. kmthomas2009

kmthomas2009 Member

Well I Have PDAnet on my captivate but i decided to try and use the pc internet on the phone...it was working and i felt my fone getting kinda hot...so i look at my battery widget and it say my battery is 123.4...im kind of scared so i was trying to finish wat i was doin on my pc and cut it off but my fone shit off and it came up with a battery and the yellow caution sign and said fone overheated, shutting down..this never did this with pdanet...i was scared lol

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

So to understand you were tethering your phone so your computer could get on the net, correct? My first question is, what was the phone sitting on? Last question, how long were you doing this and did you have your phone plugged in for charging while it was tethered?

Gunny
  3. kmthomas2009

kmthomas2009 Member

It was sitting on my night stand but i had it leaning off a little so the whole in the back piece could breath...i was on it for about 30-45 minutes and yes it was plugged in...i was using the samsung pc internet option that comes up when u plug it in..my phone never got hot when using pdanet...just this
  4. nvr

nvr New Member

the phone did the same to me too, shut off and a little caution sign popped up with a thermometer. im pretty sure it means that it was overheating. I also had the charger plugged in while using it when it happened.
  5. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

Ive had the phone get really hot on before, not with tethering though. Seems like every time I use gps, it seems to get stuck on even though I turn gps off.

it gets hotter and hotter till I restart it. It gets so hot, that its uncomfortable when in my pocket.