Anyone else concerned...

Last Updated:

1. Sassy_Lina

Sassy_Lina Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was thinking, who's to say everyone that has appointments at a later time will keep to their appointment time? They could come early and what exactly would the salespeople at BBY do? Everyone always wants to be first so how do you think BBY will combat this? Turn them away? What?

Advertisement
  2. bunnymud

bunnymud Well-Known Member

The BB people would check their list. Name not on list, they go home and wait till their scheduled time.

3. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

I don't really care. You can either wait for your appointment or wait in the store for the off chance the rep will have time to deal with you. Frankly it doesn't impact me one bit.

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

alot of people have their later times cause they work and can't get it early so i wouldn't worry about them, i'm sure a few people will try to get it early, but they won't be getting your device, they'll just get theirs early.. no harm.

when they get the shipments in they litteraly put your name on a device if you pre-ordered, either by putting a number directly linked to you on the box ( if your pre-order one, they will put "#1" on a box) or your name... don't worry they won't give it away to someone else, they'd much rather deal with someone who didn't pre-order and tell them they are sold out than try to explain to YOU, someone who pre-ordered, why they gave your phone away to someone else... again you allllll good

5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

I would hope if you have an appointment and somebody else just walks in the appointment gets taken first. I plan on being early for my appointment but I'm 1st anyway :)

6. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

I not worried, but of course I am a student between spring and summer term, so I got all day.
    Think it would be kinda fun hanging out with a bunch of other geeks.:D

nikkihp79 likes this.
  7. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I think every BB is handling it different.

I got a call from BB 6 hours ago telling me that they're not doing appointments anymore because they got SO many more pre-orders than they anticipated, so they're going to be well stocked. They told me that every person that pre-ordered will be guaranteed a phone and that all the pre-order customers could go pick it up anytime from Friday-Sunday. They went on to tell me that they'll be opening early on Friday, so I plan on being their early before work, so that I can just pick it up and get to work (relatively) on time.

I asked them if I could personally set up an appointment, due to my schedule, but assured me that there would be no need to and pre-orders would not have any issues getting in and out with their EVO upgrades.

8. BigRick10

BigRick10 Well-Known Member

That is why they should do Appts so not all those pre-orders show up at the same time lol.

9. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this is going to be a mess! Both at Best Buy and Radio Shack...

10. Sassy_Lina

Me too. That's why I am a little concerned.

jgangsta likes this.
  11. jgangsta

jgangsta Well-Known Member

i think its gonna get heck tick people gonna be arguing an fighting with the bb employees

12. evotitans

evotitans Well-Known Member

Thats why I decided to go with RS instead of BB(Mobile).

The BB is inside a mall, which means it wasnt opening up early...and my appt. was for 11:30. The RS is in walking distance behind my house and is opening at 6am with my appt. being at 8am.

Infact I was one of the first people the RS guy called, he was hooking me up since he knew I lived down the street. And this RS is kinda hidden, you wouldnt know its there unless you know its there.

But when I went to the BB to let them know I wouldnt be picking up my preorder, I saw their list(s). Filled on both...infact the rep was extremely happy I was giving up my spot so they could fit someone else into the first shipment preorder. No idea who they picked, but that person got lucky +1 karma for me.

But I think that BB is going to be a mess on launch day, its only a Mobile BB because the main BB across the street does not sell Sprint phones...stupid move IMO.

8am RS, I'll probably stroll in a little early...maybe even get a coffee for my RS rep. :D

13. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

I got scheduled to be in another town over the whole morning and my appt is at 11. I'm gonna have to pull some fast moves to get out there on time.

14. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

My BB appt isn't until 11:30 :(

Damn me for being 14th on the list.

I told them if anybody cancels ahead of me to let me know and I'll come in early :)

15. six2one

six2one Active Member

so i take it some of you have been getting calls from RS about the pre-orders? i am pre-ordered but havent gotten any followup calls yet. im set to come get the phone at 9:30ish am on friday.

16. evotitans

evotitans Well-Known Member

I think I would the first appt. call......but my RS is a smaller store...in a neighborhood where I dont think alot of people would be going there to get an EVO lol.

I mean lets not forget, launch day is a Fri., after a major holiday, where in my area most people are either at work, or at the shore.

Guess it all depends on your area and your RS.

17. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

my RS tried calling my yesterday while my cell was dead. I ended up calling them back a few hours later and the guy says, "You want to come in at 6pm when my shift starts?"

I said, "When do you open?"
    "9am", he says.

"ok, then I'll be there at 9am."

Did he srsly think I'd wait all day? lol

18. ctpoore413

ctpoore413 Member

I stopped in to my RS, and their were only 4 preorders total, including me. I'm going in on my lunch hour and shouldn't have a problem at all... Hooray for Spartanburg, SC! I'm glad, the trackball on my BB broke today, so only a few more days!!

19. six2one

six2one Active Member

dunno if the lady at my RS was shitting me but she said they already had like 200 pre-orders when i signed up for mine.

20. Scarlett920

Scarlett920 Well-Known Member

No worries here. My RS isn't doing appointments for pre-orders. They will be opening at 6am though. I'll just get there around 8:30 ish and hopefully I will be out by 9am to get to work.

21. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I'm sure BB will just try to ensure that all pre-orders are accounted for. Unless BB or the pre-orderer calls to move appt earlier, BB will probably assume scheduled times stand and just take walk-ins as normal.

The funny part will be seeing how BB handles "sold out" when walk-ins are there and just watching pre-order people walk up and get their phone. It will be like people who wait at a restaurant for a long time only to see that people with reservations just walk right in pretty close to the time they scheduled.

I'm buying from telesales/my company private store. If I wasn't I would have pre-ordered though 'cause I can see people getting pretty upset if they miss out.

22. jason.sgtski

jason.sgtski Well-Known Member

IMO it's their own fault for not pre-ordering. my BB apt. is at 1000 am. ill probably get there at 9 ish and hang out with my fellow soon to be EVO owners. [​IMG]

23. Kaskimondo

Kaskimondo Well-Known Member

My BB hasn't called me yet for an appointment, this is in Chicago.

Alls I's knows is...I better get a phone on Friday. :D

24. Sassy_Lina

Yesss Sir. That's the million dollar question.

25. rckymtn

rckymtn Well-Known Member

I think you'll be alright as long as you have your reciept that says Presell Sprint HTC EVO 4G on it. Make sure you bring that in with you, I'm bringing my reciept in with me, they owe me $4.23 for the tax they charge me on the $50. gift card, i called BB this am and ask about that and they told they would credit that back or apply that to the phone.

nikkihp79 and Kaskimondo like this.