1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Anyone else experience lag on the home screen transitions?Support

1. mb41186

mb41186 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I just got this phone for a review, and when using apps I don't seem to have a problem with scrolling, but when I'm on the home screens or the setting/app drawer it seems to stutter a little, thats because I just got this phone and even out of the box on the first turn on it felt a little ehh?

Even after I ran the update from ZTE I still get choppyness, anyone else having this issue?

Advertisement
    :
  2. junkie2100

junkie2100 Well-Known Member Developer

im unaware of any way to fix that. sadly this phone is plagued with software bugs, the original kernel had a massive memory leak, then they released an update that broke a bunch of other stuff, its good hardware, zte just isnt very good at coding. i run cyanogenmod 10 myself which is unfinished but so much smoother, but like you said you got it just for review purposes and i assume that means youre going to be sticking to stock roms

basically its a decent budget phone, that could be quite a bit better with the right software

also i dunno how things work but if you just get to keep the phone and youre not looking to do anything with it playfulgod could use one to help continue development. i doubt it but i figured id throw it out there
  3. Neil Doss

Neil Doss Guest

Its better to contact your manufacturer for this.
  4. junkie2100

Lmao. No its not. Theyll tell you to reset your phone and shit which wont help at all. Its the phones software in general. Theres not much that can be done on stock
  5. junkie2100

You can contact them. But they are not going to help. Im telling you now its just how the phone runs. Go ahead and waste your time being taken through a bunch of steps that do nothing but erase all your stuff, and or lie to you like they have to people on many occasions
    fungusAmongus likes this.
  6. LEVERage

LEVERage Well-Known Member

It's got ZTE stamped on it, that's your problem, lol.
  7. lewishamilton

lewishamilton Member

yes, home screen transitions lag a bit... there is a lag even while opening messages and some other apps... but we ll have to acknowledge the hardware limitations on this phone.. this runs on old Qualcomm S2 chipset clocked at a measly 1.4ghz (moreover its single core to boot)...
  8. junkie2100

the problem isnt really a hardware limitation, its ztes badly coded software and trying to push it too hard at the same time, cyanogenmod 10 is jellybean which is an even newer android version and its smooth as silk
  9. D34DBre4kr

D34DBre4kr Well-Known Member

I just have them disabled because they're just like cool rims on a 1980 Honda. Not needed lol
  10. junkie2100

depends on the honda, and the rims
  11. dwalsherz

dwalsherz Member

I'd recommend looking into cyanogenmod 10 or AOKP. I'm running an unfinished AOKP and I find its smoother. Once its rooted you can also get a CPU master app and boost its processor speed. It may help with lag unless its solely a software lag.
  12. dwalsherz

dwalsherz Member

Aokp***
  13. junkie2100

its purely software, cm10 runs flawlessly. i use it now, and i am not even getting lag with spb shell 3d on top of it
  14. dwalsherz

dwalsherz Member

Does your kernel support USB otg junkie? I tried it with a USB otg cable on my kernel off the warp sequent cm10 page and I can't get anything to show.
  15. junkie2100

well, i dont have a kernel lol. pg has one based off of the serenity kernel by dtm. it may very well not have support for otg, and i dont know how to add it or have the ability to build a kernel
  16. SuperR

SuperR Well-Known Member Developer

try Atom Launcher to remove home screen lag.
  17. APOPHiS420

APOPHiS420 Well-Known Member

Nova Launcher is much snappier imo :D
    money15 likes this.
  18. money15

money15 Well-Known Member

Wow You are right...I have been stubborn to change launchers because i bought the adw ex but they dont seem to update anymore...so i went to apex launcher and was pretty satisfied with that, and then i had to get nova launcher a try and this is really fast and awesome thanks man