anyone else experiencing faster battery drain after the update?

Last Updated:

1. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After updating my Hero the other day I have noticed a marked decrease in battery life. This started the very next day after updating my hero.
    Right now I'm at 41% of battery life left after unplugging from the charger about 9 hours ago. For the past few weeks, I have been around 65%-70% at this time of day, and I'd normally be at about 15%-20% at 10:30 when I go to bed.
    Is anyone else experiencing a similar decrease in battery life after the update?

Advertisement
  2. sr1982

sr1982 Well-Known Member

I would say my battery life is better since the update.

3. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

I cant tell if the battery life is better. I use my phone alot.

4. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

mine is definitely alot worse. i think i'm gonna give sprint a call.

5. padro82

padro82 Active Member

Mine is draining faster as well. :(

6. bobnoway

bobnoway Member

We have 2 Heros that we have had since they were released. Since the update one of them started not sleeping and running the battery down fast but it only started today. I finally downloaded Task Manager by houmiak so I could see what was using the CPU. The HTC Mail program was showing around 70% so I tried several things with it but couldn't make it stop using so much CPU. I then killed the task and then the phone started sleeping. I don't know why it just started being a problem today. I will start it up again and see if it becomes a problem again.

7. cd28rc

cd28rc Member

Yup, I am seeing the same. Not sure why, I may do a factory reset and see what happens? If I do I will post results. For me though its not an issue because I can't put my Hero down!
    Thanks for all the great input!
    cd28rc@gmail.com
    Cheers
    cd28rc

8. fireftr301

fireftr301 New Member

Mine is a little worse since the update. Before the update, I did the fix using handcent...etc and my battery wasn't too bad. I also use the Advanced Task Killer and I found that even though I'm using handcent, the stock messaging program stills runs, even though all the defaults point to handcent. Task killer also is showing, almost every time I kill the programs, that Sprint Navigation is running! I don't use it at all, I use google maps. Haven't even opened Sprint program since I've had the phone.
    Even with GPS off...etc the battery is still draining faster.

Anyone esle see the navigation program running, too?

Thx,

Jason

9. g0tr00t

g0tr00t Well-Known Member

My uptime went from 60% to 15%. My battery is down to 30% after 15 hours of use and stuff..it is INCREDIBLY better for me....LOCALE and GPS on.

I used to be at 30% after about 8 hours....LOCALE and GPS off.

10. cirehawk

cirehawk Well-Known Member

Actually, mine seems no better or no worse after the update than before. I was at 100% awake time before the update, and I still am. Since I generally make it through the day on a charge, I'm not going to factory reset my phone if it's not for certain it will give me a significant improvement in battery life.

11. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

Better for sure. I have not noticed many differences with the MR, but better battery life for sure.

12. dakalter

dakalter Member

Mines actually gotten a lot better. I'm using the phone stock with no root or custom rom and without any task killer. Before I was and it was a lot worse.

13. dsmithjr

dsmithjr Member

Mine's also better.

14. bobnoway

bobnoway Member

Follow on to my post above. No matter what I do the HTC mail app still pegs the CPU and does not let the phone sleep. I finally deleted the my gmail account from the HTC Mail app and now the phone sleeps and battery usage is great. I haven't tried adding it back yet, I have just been using the Gmail app for now.

15. Visionikz03

Visionikz03 Well-Known Member

mine is touch better but i use my phone alot for texting and browsing. I mean honestly if the handcent or chomp fix was working for u before the update i don't think u will notice too much improvement as the phone will now sleep as normal with the update. i actually like the stock sms better cuz for me it speeds in and out of the program no problem no lag... with handcent i would encounter extreme lag!!! And it randomly deleted my conversations one day!

16. owenepstein

owenepstein Member

After the Update battery drains a lot quicker for me. I use Screeble which is supposed to save on battery life but it does not seem to do so. Anyone else use Screeble?