Anyone else find the Default Weather App is not accurateSupport

Last Updated:

1. mattwill

mattwill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Even having this thing sync regularly its not accurate. Where is this weather coming from? I changed to weather bug and weather channel, both free apps are way better accuracy wise.

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

if you've found something better...why not just use that then? I use Weather Channel. The first thing I do when I get an Android phone is turn off the stock weather.

3. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

I believe it is accuweather and I believe it is a known issue with the stock weather widget losing it's "way" at the moment.

I use BW on the homescreen and WB Elite for the deets. Both work great (and give me the "home" and local readings at the same time that I could never quite accomplish on the BB.

4. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member

Mine works fine. I've not really had an issue. Sometimes it'll get stuck, but that might have to do with the times it syncs. It's still sunny at 6:40, but not so much at 7:40. I rather enjoy the look of it.

5. th.doyle

th.doyle Active Member

Does weather channel still tie into the home screen and look pretty?

6. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

I wish I could have Weather Channel but with HTC's nice looking widgets.

7. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Last night it was telling me it was sunny out at midnight! So, i went back to Weather Bug Elite that i had on my BB, has a few nice widgets.

8. wooten

wooten Member

ok, I was having the same problem. Here's the fix: menu>settings>accounts & sync> check auto-sync, now roll down and tap weather make sure sync is checked, you can also set frequency by tapping account settings

good luck

9. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

We appreciate the input but for most that isn't the fix. I had everything enabled - it's a broken app for a lot of peeps.

I even auto refreshed and it wouldn't refresh.

I switched to Weatherbug elite and Beautiful widgets and they are both spot on.

10. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

My wife had issues with her's but I did the sync and all is well now. Keep it sync'd.

11. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

So far mine seems to be working fine. I gauge it with weather.com on the laptop and a indoor/outdoor weather devise I have here. ;)

12. DevHead

DevHead Well-Known Member

I find it accurate.

13. Chomsky1

Chomsky1 Well-Known Member

Inaccurate for San Francisco. Switched to Weather Channel. No biggie.

14. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Does Weather channel sync with GPS? (i.e., can the widget detect your current location)

I have the weather bug free version and it's nice but I would like it to show the current city's weather.

The stock widget is definitely screwed up. It is "stuck" on a city that I'm not in (the city where my office is located) and has not updated, even when I go to "sync" the weather data.

Yes, mobile network is set to ON.

15. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

I've found that it is way too buggy and doesn't update (9pm starts the evening apparently...). But I'll take style over function in this case... The HTC weather + clock widget is so slick looking. I'll live with it.;)

16. Chomsky1

Chomsky1 Well-Known Member

With WC you can set your home city or zip as the default and you can manually ask the widget to fix your location but I don't believe it can be set to do it automatically.

17. johnriii

johnriii New Member

yes, the stock weather app is faulty, especially since the upgrade to 2.1. I live in Grandview, MO, and the app doesn't even recognize the name of the city, it says "city not found". I work in overland park, ks and raymore, mo, and it is accurate when I go to those two places. I have done the sync check, and all other "fixes". accuweather doesn't even acknowledge the app on their website, only the Iphone app. if there is anyway to use the other weather apps on the home page, that would be awesome. also, can we delete the accuweather app completely?