Anyone else get a black battery?General

Last Updated:

1. Romeodroid

Romeodroid Member This Topic's Starter

Picked up my phone this morning at 7:30 am at the Verizon Corp store. Noticed my battery was black, not red. They checked several other batteries...all were red. Says "HTC Innovation" on it and it is a 1300. I took the phone and said I'd check back if I had any problems. So far so good. its now been 12 hours, and I'm still in the green with the bar somewhere between the 1/2 and 1/3 mark. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

Lucky you, I have red one and it goes 100% to 5% in about 8 hours with moderate use :(, booooomer. Going to get extended one...

3. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

If it works good, keep it. Maybe the black ones are better. There's a joke there somewhere, but I'm not going to go there.

4. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

They are both the same battery. Same 1300 mAh. The black covered ones are the ones that ship with the Eris. I am not surprised that some didn't get recovered.

5. sqlgeek

sqlgeek Well-Known Member

Wow - yours lasts 8 hours? :(

6. Ringhale

Ringhale Well-Known Member

7. RC Addict

Right?!?!?! I can't wait for Seidio to design a battery door so that I can use my 3600 mAh battery from my Eris. That battery would last me two days...

8. RC Addict

9. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

jealous -- wish mine wasn't killer red ;)

10. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

They aren't actually red. It's just a thin paper cover put over the battery.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just missed putting the cover on yours. ( I don't really feel like peeling mine off to see what it says under it. )

Also, I think you and me might have very different ideas of "moderate use" :) I used mine almost non-stop for 8 hours and only got down to 15 percent. ( Granted, I wasn't trying to completely kill it, so no bluetooth or wireless connection. ) Will see how it does today as I start move into normal use.

11. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member

Not sure what "moderate use" is either, but... mine's now been off the charger for about 10 hours. About 15 minutes of calling, about 30 minutes of navigating with Google Maps, and just "playing" with it for probably another hour. After all this, I'm at 60%.

If I have one thing to add from smartphone experience: do NOT leave the WiFi on unless you are actually using it for something. WiFi is an incredible battery killer. 24 hour battery life with WiFi off = 4 hours with WiFi on. (Personally, that's um... kind of what the 3G is for, isn't it?)

12. Romeodroid

Romeodroid Member This Topic's Starter