Anyone else get cold feet?

Last Updated:

1. dnlwthrn

dnlwthrn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just got back from the VZW store near work, and didn't bring an X back with me. They only had one left, and the rep put it aside for me while I played with it (again). In the end, I just couldn't do it... I'm not even sure why, but the little voice in the back of my head kept telling me "no, don't do it."

Anyone else go to a store with plans to buy, and then change their minds?

FYI, someone else walked in and bought the phone right when I told the rep I was going to pass on it...

Advertisement
  2. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

I had the opposite problem, I kept saying no I shouldn't do it, and my head say DO IT!!!.....so I got one :( But seriously I was thinking I have an orig Moto Droid so why do I need to upgrade again, but I couldnt pass up the 4.3" screen.

3. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Right here man...debating as I walk into Best Buy...lol

4. cassnate6259

cassnate6259 Well-Known Member

Don't forget you can make up some of the difference by selling your current Droid on craigslist or eBay. I made sure to check with Verizon and they said that you are free to sell your old phone and a buyer could activate their own account on it.
    That helped me with the sting of the price. FWIW: This thing is fantastic so far!

5. deathratlehead

deathratlehead Well-Known Member

I'm ready to order, but I'm not due for an upgrade yet. I spoke to a supervisor yesterday who said if I wanted the Droid X she would give me the upgrade. She gave me her direct extension, but I've been getting voicemail all day. :( Maybe tomorrow.

6. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

I'm still in two minds. I have an Inc with about five or six days of my 30 days left so could switch it out for a restocking fee, but I'm going to give it a few more days to think about it and see if any issues arise. Of course, people are more likely to post on the forums if they have problems, so I won't be deterred by that (unless there are universal issues), and I did like the demo device I played with, just not sure if it's going to be that much of a step-up from the Incredible which I like quite a lot. I think giving it a few more days is wise for anyone who's still on the fence, providing you have the luxury of time!

7. cevMkV

cevMkV Well-Known Member

i went into the store to look at the X and i passed as well. i have the original moto droid and to be honest the X is too big for me, idk maybe my hands are too small it kinda made me feel like this guy....[​IMG]

8. CriticalMass

CriticalMass Well-Known Member

I'm waiting on amazon to get them in stock. in the meantime I'll be watching for issues or problems that people discover.

I hate being stuck at work. I didn't have time to contact amazon to see when they expect their first shipment. (sigh) Working until midnight blows.

9. djosbun

djosbun Member

Cold feet, buying a cell phone????

10. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

I do/did .... Ive got to Sat to return my Dinc and gave the X a good look. for me besides the size of the screen i think i like everything alse better on my Dinc.

oh well.... im going again Friday.

11. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

I looked at one and decided to pass for now. The major concerns I had were:
    kind of washed out screen
    low max volume
    don't like the default layout (motoblur)(this I can change)
    the efuse stuff I think is going a bit too far.
    -
    I might change my mind or I might go with the captivate.

12. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

HAHA this pic looked like me today after i waited 2 hours in line....to find out iam 7 days late this month...never been late before ,in 2 years and wouldnt let me bill to my account.....

13. New ERA

New ERA Well-Known Member

its alot of money to dish out for something you are not 100% satisfied with...with that being said, I can't wait for mine to come tomorrow

14. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Thats what i always do i sold my incredible since i had an upgrade that i could use on the x and still made some nice change out of it. I love the X btw

15. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member

Holy shit! enough with this efuse nonsense already!!!!, Even the original Droid has this efuse, stop relying on "some guy" on a forum when the real info is out there by the guys who worked on hacking the original droid.

The X has similar is not the same protection as the milestone.
    Its bogus info.

16. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

the screen isnt washed out its just the other screens are oversaturated. The X screen is more real to life with colors and images but im sure there are plenty of people out there who are glad you passed so they can get it

17. Hughett

Hughett Member

I get it whenever buy a new cell phone, and I think its becuase I am spending a good chunk of change on something I dont actually need. This happend with my Storm, Droid, and just for a few moments before i got the X. You wouldnt be feeling this if you were recplacing an old worn out, half broken crap phone. We are ususally replacing perfectly good pieces of equipment.

18. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

That sucks, I am sorry. So are you still going to be getting one at some point?

19. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Keep discussion to the topic without getting personal, please.

20. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

No cold feet here. I woke up at 2:00 CDT and ordered online. I know I'll have buyers remorse for a day, I always do with larger purchases. I'd guess it's Catholic guilt, but I'm Baptist! Toasty toes here, waiting on my shipment confirmation.

21. jdaud

jdaud Well-Known Member

Quite the opposite for me, I had hot feet (air conditioning wasn't working in the store). I am in heaven with this phone

22. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

I used an evo for a week before the X and it was like *wow*. With the X it was sort of bleh. Part of it is the way moto lays out the screen (cosmetic) but part of it was the 'whole' picture. The feel in the hands, the sound, the responsiveness. When I used the evo it was very intuitive; the X was a bit of "why did they do it this way" and this is from someone who uses linux 24x7; and has a non-data phone. I am well aware that owning the device and customizing it my view might change but I was not quite willing to go to the hassle of switching providers from my initial impressions. When I get back in town I'll spend another 30 or 60 minutes with the phone and see if my view changes; also i will check out the captivate which might be more my cup of tea.

23. dnlwthrn

dnlwthrn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry, couldn't think of a better way to describe going into a store with plans to buy but then changing my mind.

24. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member

LMAO. I really wouldnt considered the Storm a perfectly good piece of equipment. I was the first person in Verizon yesterday to get rid of that phone.

25. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

No regrets here, the X is an amazing device