• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone else get faster draining battery after update?

w/o any changes since the 2.3.4 update (had my phone for almost 2 months), my battery is now draining approx 25% faster! I love the update as a whole but cant figure out the heavier drain. Since roughly day 3, I have had several options off to conserve battery & had great results throughout the day. basically, when at work I would not use my phone between 7:30am & 12:30pm(lunch break), I would be at 95% when I started break & use the phone lightly while on the 30 min break. Now in the same senario after update, my phone not used untill lunch break, will be at 70-75%!....also, before update, at end of work day, 4pm, Id be at roughly 70-75% & now Im at 45-50%.....thats a big difference with no changes in settings, apps, or use, just the recent update....anyone else? (I do have the chichitec battery & have swapped back to the factory battery and get the same results {lower percentages but same 25% drop}, so its not a battery condition senario).....thx

Ive ran across that in threads at other forums as well, most people are getting better results battery wise after the update, wich is one of the improvements that was supposed to be in the update. Its just odd how I was getting great results before the update & my battery now is worse. I did do a full drain to dead & then fully recharged to 100% with phone off, still no help.

Upvote 0
My battery life sucks, i let the battery go dead and then fully charged it with phone off and still no difference. I can have a full battery full brightness and facebook or google maps for 15-20 mins and my battery will be down to 50%. I've come across with other problems with the phone as well..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones