Anyone Else Had Problems With the Power Mat Wireless Charging?Tips

Last Updated:

1. RiceEatingEvo

RiceEatingEvo Member This Topic's Starter

I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems with the PowerMat Wireless charging dock? Of course they dont make an adapter for this phone but in the box there is a wireless Mini USB charger in which you can put tips on to match your device. well i put the Micro USB tip on and sat the USB stone on the charging pad. The phone recognised the charge and what not but what threw me off was my screen became Extreamly sensitive and responsive. but was acting wonky. For example i would tap on one part of the screen but the complete opposite side would light up. For example if I were to try to drag down the notification bar the screen would slide to another panel. If I was in the application drawer and would click on an icon the phone would select an icon that would be about two to three rows down. and the keyboard wouldnt always light up and the phone wouldnt recognise the accelerometer from me turning the phone sideways. But as soon as I unplugged the phone it went back to normal and all the functions worked like they should. So my question is what could be causing it to do this and has anyone else had this happen?

Advertisement
  2. mancow

mancow Well-Known Member

It's a capacitive screen and the mat works by placing the device in a magnetic field which is then inducted into it. That field is possibly causing the display to freak out a bit.

3. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Yeah dont put the phone on the mat with the usb charger moduile. extend the phone off the powermat and just place the charger module on it. Should help...

4. RiceEatingEvo

RiceEatingEvo Member This Topic's Starter

I thought the same thing. But I tr1ied extending the device from the mat and it does the same thing

5. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Damn. If you unplug it it works fine though right? Maybe the type of cyclic charge(not sure if I said that right) interrupting with the screen cap? Either way if anyone else has the same issue we know not to use this for our phone I guess. Was hoping they would make one for the EVO but now not so much...

6. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

powermat uses induction charging, which means it creates a huge, fluctuating magnetic field around itself that induces a current in anything that experiences flux within the field. I'm sure the idea is that the fancy charger attachment for your devices shields the internals from experiencing their own induced current, but since your Moment doesn't have one of those, you should definitely not put it on the mat. In fact, I wouldn't even let the phone get near it, but that's just me.