Anyone else hate the stupid honeycomb animation on power up?

Last Updated: 2011-04-11 11:44:51
  1. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

It's really really ugly!

Advertisement
    Plakius likes this.
  2. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

I don't really care what it looks like, but I hate that it loops like that. I'm always paranoid that it's going to get stuck in a startup loop and never boot. :)
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Its very pixilated. What I hate most is how long it takes for my Xoom to power on. My desktop powers on more quickly.
    Plakius likes this.
  4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i get they were trying to impress but yeah i dont care too much about it either. the first boot up screen the evo had was just sub par for a phone of that caliber back in june 2010 we were all scratching our heads.. they did remove it later, so perhaps moto will add some pizzaz to another one.

i think those who have rooted can remove this...
  5. Dunbar

Dunbar Active Member

I couldn't agree more. I think it looks like it could have been a stock screen saver on Windows 95. Pixelated, slow, laggy. Even if it rendered perfectly it is still pretty ugly.

If I root my device, it might just be to replace the startup animation.
  6. Cincybearcatfan

You don't have to be rooted to replace your boot nimation if its anything like my Inc. Using adb push bootanimation.zip should work.
  7. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Well-Known Member

I hate it, hate hate hate it.
  8. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

I actually like I just want it to be shorter.
  9. redshift1

redshift1 Well-Known Member

About 20 seconds from pressing on to app availability, faster than my imac.
  10. 3devious

Are you rooted?
  11. redshift1

No, just got it delivered yesterday ...wifi only model
  12. I don't get it... why would anyone ever turn their tablet off? The point of "instant on" is waking from being asleep right? Why power it off at all?
  13. kennychaffin

That's the only reason I'd forgot about mention my annoyance til now.

(I had an led notification and restarted it to see if it would clear it. I normally leave it on all the time.)
  14. xxraffyxx

xxraffyxx Active Member

Yeah the only time I power off my tablet is if I have to, or it dies. The animation is pretty lame, but its not that big of a deal for me.
  15. 3devious

Sometimes I like having my device OFF off, but that isn't often.
  16. Cincybearcatfan

Mines been off 4x today due to it freezing up. It happens at least 3x per day. I timed it today, it took 1:15 to reboot and be ready to be unlocked.
  17. kennychaffin

I've been using mine for a month now and never froze up even once. What are you running?
  18. Dunbar

Dunbar Active Member

I'm not sure I understand - what's adb push?

Can anyone confirm whether this is true for the Xoom?
  19. Cincybearcatfan

When it locks up? Pretty much anything. Often using the browser surfing the net. Today it locked up when I went from playing Fruit Ninja and hit home. It also locked up once when I was using the browser and hit the multitasking button and tried to go to the Phandroid App. It also locked up when I tried to go from the Facebook app directly to the Gmail app today. It does it all the time. I figured everyone's does this. :confused:
  20. Cincybearcatfan

21. kennychaffin

Hmmm....I'm wondering if you might have a problem. As I said, mine has never done actually locked up. Not sure about others...
  22. 3devious

+1 it's only locked up once on me. I don't remember why.
  23. redshift1

Only in to my 2nd day but no lockouts at all so far. (wifi only)
  24. LunchBB

LunchBB Well-Known Member

I'm indifferent on this. But from the nexus one animated start up screen, just wonder why manufacturers will put animations on start up making it shows how sluggish the animation is. It doesn't wow people but make us think the device is slow.
  25. LIH

LIH Active Member

Fyi it was the facebook app that used to cause my droid x to freeze regularly