• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else have this problem today?

cmajpwc

Android Enthusiast
Apr 22, 2010
Not sure if this happened to anyone else, but for some reason, my phone rebooted and I lost my data connection for a half hour. I sent a text, the phone shut itself off, turned back on, and NO DATA. I was able to text and call, but for a solid half hour, I had no 3G data.

I figured it may have been an issue with the phone, but I rebooted it 3 times and did a battery pull- nothing. About 15 minutes after I went through all that, the 3G just magically reappeared. Which makes me wonder if any of you other users noticed a loss of data today.

It was around 2:00 PM Eastern. I live in Upstate New York, btw, for any chance this could have been a regional thing.

I hope someone else experienced this, because I don't wanna have to face the fact that maybe my phone is just becoming self aware and trying to kill me o_O

Its happened to me before, but I assumed it was a bug in whatever ROM I was using. Its normally triggered by tethering for me. I'll be using it, and then my 3G connection disappears at random. The only way to reenable it is to put it in airplane mode and then reconnect.

I think it may have had something to do with my phone sleeping though.

Upvote 0
Thanks Jedii, yes all is well now. I figured since the 3G disappeared for a while even after rebooting and such, it could have been something with the network rather than just my phone. Guess it was just my phone lol

And Demache, I'm not rooted, but the phone was asleep for a while prior to that, so it could have something to do with it. If it happens again, I'll let you guys know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones