Anyone else have this problem?General

Last Updated:

1. donaldb1986

donaldb1986 Active Member This Topic's Starter

i had my original eris since december and the only problem i had was a blown speaker. I got it warrantied last week and received a cpo. Well everytime i would sit it in my cup holder at work it would shut off. I returned that device today and received another cpo and it's doing the same thing. Anyone else had this issue?

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

What kind of applications do you have installed? I've heard of anti-virus apps causing this behavior.

3. donaldb1986

The apps I have are: bar code scanner, car home, astro, baseball superstars, gallery, goggles, mabilo ringtones, handcent, how far am i?, news and weather widget, NFL mobile, Pandora, system, toss it, Twitter, urbanspoon, vlingo, and sync my pix

4. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Is there a strong magnetic field near the cup holder or something? That's the only place it resets?

5. donaldb1986

I don't believe there is. It also does it elsewhere, I just have to sit it down with recharging port facing down.

6. alprazolam

Same exact situation with two phones in a row? If so, that's weird. Are you running rooted or just regular 2.1?

7. donaldb1986

Two different phones, and running 2.1 ota

8. alprazolam

Well, I would try a factory reset of your phone if you have not already. Leave apps off of it or install them slowly enough to figure out if one is causing a problem with your setup. The only other common between the two phones is that you are using the same battery and cover. Check to make sure that the battery is seating snuggly. Otherwise, it could be an issue within the actual battery. OR, you may just be really unlucky and have gotten two phones in a row that do this. It's not uncommon on these forums.

9. mlntn

mlntn Member

I had an issue with my phone where it would randomly turn off, even after receiving a replacement. It turned out to be a bad battery. I picked up an HTC OEM battery on eBay for $14 with free shipping.

Hope that helps...

10. donaldb1986

I am going to call customer service in the morning and see what they can do