• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone else having Clockworkmod Recovery problems?

ttaylor0024

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2010
Kansas, United States
Just rooted yesterday, and everything was running great... untill I installed Simply Stunning v4.3. I went to make a back up and found that I cannot access my recovery, it was stuck at the M.

Now Rom Manager says that if this happens, flash a different recovery then flash clockwork back. Here is the catch- When I try to flash a different recovery I get this, "An error occurred while flashing your recovery."

What do I do now?! I have no idea where to go now...

For bonus points, please answer my other question below
When I try to install Kangerade I get through the instillation just fine, but then I get to the phone activation, it force closes at the end... There is no "wait" button either. When it force closes it s a blank screen with the notification bar visible. When you reboot, it gets stuck on the boot animation screen too... (I tried installing this before SS)

Just rooted yesterday, and everything was running great... untill I installed Simply Stunning v4.3. I went to make a back up and found that I cannot access my recovery, it was stuck at the M.

Now Rom Manager says that if this happens, flash a different recovery then flash clockwork back. Here is the catch- When I try to flash a different recovery I get this, "An error occurred while flashing your recovery."

What do I do now?! I have no idea where to go now...

Have you tried flashing recovery using your PC and ADB commands? Look at "How to install custom recovery" section here:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/82742-all-new-guide-all-things-root-related.html

As for your bonus question, I would just do a data/cache wipe and try reinstalling the ROM (once you get the recovery issue worked out).

Upvote 0
Yeah, I figured I'd update my recovery since it's on 2 something and mine was like 1.6. Well, It won't boot into recovery and I get the errors flashing an alt recovery too.

If it ain't broke don't fix it right?....

Well I tried just reflashing clockwork recovery even though it was already installed, it had me pick my phone "Motorola Droid (CDMA)" and like 2 secs later it said flash successful or what ever it does. And i rebooted into recovery and it worked. Try that I guess?

Upvote 0
I just got it to work... all I did was press "flash clockworkmod recovery" again after re programming.... anyway, can anyone answer my 2nd question now?

Try manually downloading and installing Kangerade in the recovery not through ROM Manager. If that doesn't work do a data/cache/system/boot wipe before installing. If that doesn't work either, then Don't use Kangerade? Haha.

Upvote 0
I've been having similar problems as the OP. Besides the error trying to flash an older recovery I also get an error trying to open some of the devs roms in the rom download list. I've uninstalled rom mgr and reinstalled and same thing, I've emailed Koush (rom mgr dev), tweeted to him and his "clockworkmod" twitters with no response. If I ever get a response I'll post it here

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones