Anyone else having Clockworkmod Recovery problems?

Last Updated:

1. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just rooted yesterday, and everything was running great... untill I installed Simply Stunning v4.3. I went to make a back up and found that I cannot access my recovery, it was stuck at the M.

Now Rom Manager says that if this happens, flash a different recovery then flash clockwork back. Here is the catch- When I try to flash a different recovery I get this, "An error occurred while flashing your recovery."

What do I do now?! I have no idea where to go now...

For bonus points, please answer my other question below
    When I try to install Kangerade I get through the instillation just fine, but then I get to the phone activation, it force closes at the end... There is no "wait" button either. When it force closes it s a blank screen with the notification bar visible. When you reboot, it gets stuck on the boot animation screen too... (I tried installing this before SS)

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Have you tried flashing recovery using your PC and ADB commands? Look at "How to install custom recovery" section here:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/82742-all-new-guide-all-things-root-related.html

As for your bonus question, I would just do a data/cache wipe and try reinstalling the ROM (once you get the recovery issue worked out).

3. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured I'd update my recovery since it's on 2 something and mine was like 1.6. Well, It won't boot into recovery and I get the errors flashing an alt recovery too.

If it ain't broke don't fix it right?....

Well I tried just reflashing clockwork recovery even though it was already installed, it had me pick my phone "Motorola Droid (CDMA)" and like 2 secs later it said flash successful or what ever it does. And i rebooted into recovery and it worked. Try that I guess?

4. ttaylor0024

I just got it to work... all I did was press "flash clockworkmod recovery" again after re programming.... anyway, can anyone answer my 2nd question now?

5. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

Try manually downloading and installing Kangerade in the recovery not through ROM Manager. If that doesn't work do a data/cache/system/boot wipe before installing. If that doesn't work either, then Don't use Kangerade? Haha.

6. ttaylor0024

alright, I will try both again and post back...

7. ttaylor0024

lol just used ROM manager again and it worked.... Stuff is bipolar....

8. jearl75

jearl75 Well-Known Member

I've been having similar problems as the OP. Besides the error trying to flash an older recovery I also get an error trying to open some of the devs roms in the rom download list. I've uninstalled rom mgr and reinstalled and same thing, I've emailed Koush (rom mgr dev), tweeted to him and his "clockworkmod" twitters with no response. If I ever get a response I'll post it here

9. headbanger51

headbanger51 Well-Known Member

CM is a nice, handy program. But as I learned, it never hurts to refresh yourself on doing an old fashioned backup/restore and flash via SPRecovery.

10. jearl75

jearl75 Well-Known Member

No doubt, which I also do. However, I use clockwork recovery, sprecovery and I don't get along too well. :rolleyes: